Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Emails...
Quote | Reply
Did I set up my Roka profile incorrectly? The only emails I ever get from them anymore are ads for sunglasses...
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Emails... [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, that's what most folks are seeing.

-Roka seems to have decided that becoming Warby Parker for the Garmin/Strava crowd is the right strategic direction. Their other lines (other than wetsuits) have been getting a lot less attention (ex. no new goggles since the R1).

-Margins on eyewear are insane, so it's easy to give discounts on them vs. other offerings.

They seem to be doing marketing similar to Le Col in that there are lots of easy-to-complete Strava challenges (do 400min of activity in Jan) to get discounts (typically only good on eyewear purchases).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Emails... [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they likely to be selling a lot of wetsuits right now anyway?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Emails... [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder. Almost no racing, but with a lot of pools closed, those who do have access to OWS are probably doing more of it.

At the end of the day, the market for $800 wetsuits pales in comparison with even a niche in the eyewear market. If they are a growth-focused startup it's pretty clear where the big opportunity is.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Emails... [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check their site, my training partner just got a Women's Viper Pro short sleeve swim skin for $100

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply