Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Comp 1 vs Elite 1
Quote | Reply
I have both suit, same size, and about the same amount of time spent in both. For some reason, the Elite is giving me major shoulder problems. Even swimming easy in becomes very hard after a few hundred yards. The Comp, on the other hand, is much more flexible. I realize this is more opposite than what most people say. I've been tinkering with putting my Elite different ways to determine whether I was just putting it on incorrectly, but I never have the problem with the Comp. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Comp 1 vs Elite 1 [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is the comp isn’t as form fitting which might mean more shoulder room? I have the comp and agree it’s shoulder flexibility is amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The materials and construction of the Elite mean it should be more flexible for most users. But you appear to have a physiological quirk that yields the opposite result. Unless you're putting the suits on wrong--for example, not working them all the way into your armpit--I'm not sure there's much to diagnose or do anything about. I suppose you should feel happy that a cheaper suit works better for you than a more expensive one. And maybe sell the Elite and recoup a little of your purchase price (and buy another Comp if you really need two suits)?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Comp 1 vs Elite 1 [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
The materials and construction of the Elite mean it should be more flexible for most users. But you appear to have a physiological quirk that yields the opposite result. Unless you're putting the suits on wrong--for example, not working them all the way into your armpit--I'm not sure there's much to diagnose or do anything about. I suppose you should feel happy that a cheaper suit works better for you than a more expensive one. And maybe sell the Elite and recoup a little of your purchase price (and buy another Comp if you really need two suits)?

Thanks, this was my general line of thought as well. I had the Comp originally, but wanted to upgrade to the Elite. The first 4-5 times I gave the restriction due to a new wetsuit being broken in, but I've been using the Elite nearly every other weekend the past couple months, and it's not getting any better, no matter what way I put the suit on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you compared the two side by side? Just because they're the same size doesn't mean they're actually the "same size." If it's made by hand there can be variances.
Quote Reply