Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road home w/Flat rear tire
Quote | Reply
Any issues here? I had a triple flat today during my long ride.. first flat fixed happen at around mile 35... I messed up on the flat repair and blew up a tube (wasted a co2).. luckily I carry two tubes and two co2s... so I fixed that flat and went on till mile 60 and flatted again... this time no tubes or co2 left.. I manage to flag down another cyclist who gave me her tube and co2.. fixed that one till mile 61 and that blew.. I think I must have had a pebble or something in the tire..

Only 6 miles to go so I just road back slowly (around 12mph). I was on my trainer roval wheels so no biggie.. Question is, is it okay to ride short distance with a flat? Does it damage the wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Road home w/Flat rear tire [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're fine, after the first flat you need to run your hand (carefully) along the inside of the tire to check for glass. Conti 4000S are your friend!
Quote Reply
Re: Road home w/Flat rear tire [missinglink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
missinglink wrote:
You're fine, after the first flat you need to run your hand (carefully) along the inside of the tire to check for glass. Conti 4000S are your friend!

+1. Slow Punctures are frequently still lodged in the tire. You might also find the the tire casing is damaged bad enough thar you need to put a piece of tape or a gel wrapper in there to cover it.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply