Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road Tubeless for Caledonia 5
Quote | Reply
Having trouble with removing my 30mm tires on my Reserve 35mm stock wheels that came with my Caledonia 5 DI2 .Can’t imagine trying to fix a flat on the road .
The wheels are tubeless ready so I think I m ready to switch to tubeless .
Any recommendations or not on wether to go tubeless and how is the road feel compared to clinchers ?
Last edited by: sward: Mar 17, 21 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Road Tubeless for Caledonia 5 [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sward wrote:
Having trouble with removing my 30mm tires on my Reserve 35mm stock wheels that came with my Caledonia 5 DI2 .Can’t imagine trying to fix a flat on the road .
The wheels are tubeless ready so I think I m ready to switch to tubeless .
Any recommendations or not on wether to tubeless and how is the road feel compared to clinchers ?

When you make the switch to tubeless the hope is that minor punctures seal up on their own. Then for those that don’t seal you use some form of plug (bacon strip, stans plug, dynaplug). The only case for actually pulling tire is a large puncture or slice that might need a boot patch and inner tube.

Road feel is pretty personal. Generally you can count on more comfort because you are running larger volume tires with lower pressures as there is no worry of pinch flats.

Give it a try. You can always go back to tubes. We love tubeless. My wife rides her’s at 50psi and mine are at 70psi using 700x28 tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Road Tubeless for Caledonia 5 [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback , that’s probably the route I will go .
Just annoyed that Cervelo would release this expensive bike with a set of these stock wheels and they are impossible to remove the tires if you flat out .
Quote Reply
Re: Road Tubeless for Caledonia 5 [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sward wrote:
Thanks for the feedback , that’s probably the route I will go .
Just annoyed that Cervelo would release this expensive bike with a set of these stock wheels and they are impossible to remove the tires if you flat out .

That’s pretty standard for many of the tubeless rims. I haven’t used those rims yet so not sure of the issue. Typically it is the little ridges inboard of the interior rim edge. This makes breaking the beads difficult. I’ve resorted to various tricks that prolly aren’t manufacturer recommended to get mine off before.

If you’re able to break the beads, but are having trouble getting the tire off, be sure to push the beads into the center channel all the way around the rim.
Quote Reply