Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience?
Quote | Reply
Hello, good day.
I searched and found a similar topic, but not exactly the same one.
(https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...us_Surgery_P2690397/ )
Did anyone enlarge the nasal perforation 100% due to the operation?
Does it bleed all the time and you can't breathe through your nose?
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience? [DonPapotti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DonPapotti wrote:
Hello, good day.
Thank you

Had it done this year. Bleeding not much took place in hours after surgery. Can't remember about the breathing but I had no problem breathing next day. Worst part was having to use cream, spray and drops for the following two/three weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience? [anquetil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was operated years ago ... but at that time had no nasal perforation, so the risk that the operation generated a perforation was very low. Now having a medium perforation the risk of enlarging it is high.
Were you operated with or without a nasal perforation?
Quote Reply
Re: Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience? [DonPapotti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a perforation.
Quote Reply
Re: Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience? [anquetil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anquetil wrote:
With a perforation.

Thank you. And how big was your hole before the operation and after the operation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DonPapotti wrote:
anquetil wrote:
With a perforation.

Thank you. And how big was your hole before the operation and after the operation?

There was no hole before surgery, a sore in nose had to be cut out first, it caused the perforation. I had splints in nose for a few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand now.
My case is different, thank you for responding the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anquetil wrote:
DonPapotti wrote:
Hello, good day.
Thank you

Hello someone?Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello DonPapotti and All,

Not sure if this is helpful but I had a devidated septum from a fist fight in high school.

I was rejected for Air Force Flight School until it was repaired.

Repair was done and I was unable to breath through my nose for 2 to 3 weeks and had a lot of bleeding.

Healed up fine ... finally .... and elected to go to Navy Flight school and become a Marine on graduatioin.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perforated septum? Like a nose ring, or something else?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Risks of straightening perforated nasal septum. Any experience? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perforation in the septum is due to many causes. Mine is getting hit after straightening my nasal septum 10 years ago ... and using nasal sprays to breathe.
Thank you all for answering!!
I hope someone has had an experience similar to mine, since I do not want to lose my nose breathing I am very SCARED
Quote Reply