Login required to post replies

Rincon sizing vs Clifton 5
Quote | Reply
My clifton 5s are Dead!!!! They were 11.5
How do the Rincons sizes compare?
Quote Reply
Re: Rincon sizing vs Clifton 5 [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the first iteration of the Rincon's. They fit true to size for me.

FYI, a lot of folks saying that they're only getting 200-300 miles on their Rincon's before they lose their "snappiness".

I'm only a few runs in on mine and so far, they're a fine shoe. Nice and light, but not as responsive as I was hoping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Rincon size is the same as my Clifton’s. I think you’ll like the Rincon...pretty good cushion and lighter weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Rincon sizing vs Clifton 5 [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland

That's what frustrating about the kinvara.
I don't get a lot of miles out of them but the clifton has been better.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Feb 28, 21 19:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched from Clifton 5 to Rincon 2. Went for exactly the same size and all was good.
Quote Reply
Re: Rincon sizing vs Clifton 5 [mikey_levs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty. How many miles do you have on yours
Quote Reply
Re: Rincon sizing vs Clifton 5 [mikey_levs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the arch support in the Rincon compared to the Clifton?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear 1/2 size smaller in Rincon. Clifton 12.5, Rincon 12.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done about 200 miles in the Rincon 2's. I dont think they will last as long as the Clifton 5, the upper and sole are less robust. This makes sense though given they are a different type of running shoe.

The arch support is more or less the same. But I find the fit of the Rincon 2 a bit more comfortable because the toe box is slightly wider compared to the Clifton 5. The bottom of the sole is also slightly wider all round.

I actually ended up buying another pair of Cliftons for long run's. I cant do long runs in the Rincon 2's, with 10miles being about the maximum range for me. If you are keeping your runs below 10miles, then the Rincon 2 works well as an everyday trainer. I would also use them for races 10k and below. But dont expect them to last as long as a pair of Cliftons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear size 9 in both. I like the Cliftons more. Rincons are fine. I do wish I knew how to say it (Rin-KON? Rin-SSON?)
Quote Reply