Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Right on Herbert
Quote | Reply
couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would have been a good post for the forum, but unfortunately was a bad article.

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very poor taste on part of ST employing someone with such poor judgement!
Last edited by: k89533720: Jan 14, 13 19:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:

^this.

Fully agree.
Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [k89533720] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert is the Rush Limbaugh of ST.

Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [k89533720] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to google Herbert's name because I had never heard of him, and, because I thought for someone to say that another "is not welcome" that they must be in charge of something or had done something so great that they had an actual say in the matter. It turns out that Herb has not really done shit or accomplished anything. Let it go Herb, breathe deep and have a beer or smoke a joint. Just relax man because you'll still be able to podium in some small town insignificant triathlon and tell all your friends about the hardware and show off the stupid tattoo of a corporate logo on your calf. Your world is safe Herb.
Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [Zackman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zackman wrote:
I had to google Herbert's name because I had never heard of him, and, because I thought for someone to say that another "is not welcome" that they must be in charge of something or had done something so great that they had an actual say in the matter. It turns out that Herb has not really done shit or accomplished anything. Let it go Herb, breathe deep and have a beer or smoke a joint. Just relax man because you'll still be able to podium in some small town insignificant triathlon and tell all your friends about the hardware and show off the stupid tattoo of a corporate logo on your calf. Your world is safe Herb.

Who peed in your cornflakes? Why does someone have to "be somebody" to not want an admitted PED user, banned for life to wangle his way around said ban and participate in a sport that he (the op-ed author) enjoys? I'm sure that he has the same fears that a lot of people do, that if the other person is allowed to compete in triathlon that he is going to muddy our pool too.

It's an op-ed. You see them all the time, from many people connected to media.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is going to be epic...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me to the second paragraph to realize he wasn't talking about Obama.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zackman wrote:

Wow, someone with 7 posts here going after a moderator and a generally well respected person on this board. Good luck with that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:

+1, although a bit too late.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may also want to read the "About Us" page to find out more about who he is.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/aboutus.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I truly dont understand is why those that detest the man SO much, spend SO much time and SO much energy...talking about him. Wouldn't it be better to act as if he didnt exist? This, op-ed, sounds like a trite teenage school girl rant.

And before anyone tries to come back at me with the fanboy angle, I agree with Herbert. Stay out. But I'm not prepared to actually do anything to keep him out so I choose not to talk about it (or anything Armstrong related...its simply a waste of time). Because, the last thing any of us really want to hear is any more about the guy. Or so I hope. Yet the same people who vehemently hate LA, are hogging just as much bandwidth as those that are still riding his bandwagon.

What are you (Herbert) doing to proactively keep him out of sport? If nothing, why waste your time? It seems exhausting to be so hung up on something all of us have zero control over.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm sure that he has the same fears that a lot of people do, that if the other person is allowed to compete in triathlon that he is going to muddy our pool too."

Ok, fair enough, Now, post results from a triathlon within the last 3 years where Mr. Krabel has competed. I will be honest, I could not find anything at Athlinks,
perhaps you can. I did find a 5k where he ran it slower than 30 minutes. Maybe he ran it with his disabled German Shepard or something. Or
maybe that's not even him.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Jan 14, 13 22:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
Zackman wrote:

Who peed in your cornflakes? Why does someone have to "be somebody" to not want an admitted PED user, banned for life to wangle his way around said ban and participate in a sport that he (the op-ed author) enjoys? I'm sure that he has the same fears that a lot of people do, that if the other person is allowed to compete in triathlon that he is going to muddy our pool too.

It's an op-ed. You see them all the time, from many people connected to media.

John

Triathlon has grown and flourished on its appeal to everyone from all ages and abilities. All participants have a stake in making sure that it is not tarnished by drug use. Good work Herb on writing your piece.

I am a little shocked at the amount of support that LA still commands.

The thing that I can't understand is that Triathletes are the first to jump on anyone who gains an unfair advantage through drafting, yet its ok to overlook the most sophisticated cheating regime in the history of sport?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Not Guilty [ In reply to ]
Re: Right on Herbert [dontspillbeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The thing that I can't understand is that Triathletes are the first to jump on anyone who gains an unfair advantage through drafting, yet its ok to overlook the most sophisticated cheating regime in the history of sport?"

Do you have any evidence that Lance has competed in triathlons while using PEDs? I, like a lot of triathletes don't care that much about bike racing.
That's a dirty sport, always has been, always will be. I've written it off except to watch from time to time during the TDF. I know they are all doped.

Show me your proof that he's doped for triathlons and that's another story. I'm fairly sure he didn't dope when he was 13 and kicking the living
daylights out of grown men in triathons.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
training plans from Ferrari aren't enough proof?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
Do you have any evidence that Lance has competed in triathlons while using PEDs?

No direct evidence. But, based on past history, suspicions are very high that he did. That said, even if he did not, there are 3 words that explain why unfortunately none of his tri competition can be taken at face value, in the recent past, or most anytime in the forseeable future:

chronic training load.

(while using PEDs for a decade plus).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
"The thing that I can't understand is that Triathletes are the first to jump on anyone who gains an unfair advantage through drafting, yet its ok to overlook the most sophisticated cheating regime in the history of sport?"

Do you have any evidence that Lance has competed in triathlons while using PEDs? I, like a lot of triathletes don't care that much about bike racing.
That's a dirty sport, always has been, always will be. I've written it off except to watch from time to time during the TDF. I know they are all doped.

Show me your proof that he's doped for triathlons and that's another story. I'm fairly sure he didn't dope when he was 13 and kicking the living
daylights out of grown men in triathons.

It doesn't matter where the cheating occurred. If you cheat in bike racing (or any other sport for that matter), you lose the right to be able pick and choose the sport(s) that you can participate in.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ........ [ In reply to ]
Re: Right on Herbert [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think the comments on te front page are funny, then you should check out the ones on Facebook. I didn't realize so many people in triathlon thought doping and lying were so acceptable. (sigh)
Quote Reply
Re: Right on Herbert [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
What I truly dont understand is why those that detest the man SO much, spend SO much time and SO much energy...talking about him. Wouldn't it be better to act as if he didnt exist? This, op-ed, sounds like a trite teenage school girl rant.

And before anyone tries to come back at me with the fanboy angle, I agree with Herbert. Stay out. But I'm not prepared to actually do anything to keep him out so I choose not to talk about it (or anything Armstrong related...its simply a waste of time). Because, the last thing any of us really want to hear is any more about the guy. Or so I hope. Yet the same people who vehemently hate LA, are hogging just as much bandwidth as those that are still riding his bandwagon.

What are you (Herbert) doing to proactively keep him out of sport? If nothing, why waste your time? It seems exhausting to be so hung up on something all of us have zero control over.

I know what you mean about it seeming better to just ignore him, but I've found that most Armstrong supporters know very little about what he actually did. The only way to turn them around is to make sure that as much information is out there as possible.

Armstrong should not make another dime from competing - the only way to ensure that happens is for people like Herbert to tell it like it is.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ........ [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you explain to me what Herbert's latest race results have to do with his editorial?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next