Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Right Hip Click When Walking Or Running?
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

Right Hip Click When Walking Or Running?

No pain ... just a click ... feels like tendon sliding over a bump.

Anybody had this?

How did you get rid of it?

Started about 4 weeks ago.

Doctor said hip and joints looks good ... good spacing ... operates smoothly ..

Got a steriod shot yesterday and seems so be working to stop it ... so far

Also received some stretching and resistance exercises to perform ...

Have not gone to Physical Therapy yet ..

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Right Hip Click When Walking Or Running? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience was IT band. Cure: more stretching. Pigeon pose, child’s pose, a few others I can’t recall the names of. Also, get a Power Systems foam roller and use it. You will hate me then you will thank me (maybe)
In Reply To:

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Re: Right Hip Click When Walking Or Running? [timberwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P.S. don’t roll too high up your hip or you will be rolling over a bursa. Not good.[/reply]
"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there's no pain, why is it you're worried? Not trying to sound dickish (though I suspect it might seem that way). But if you're not in pain and the doctor said that things look like they're working smoothly, maybe it's just something you can learn to deal with?
Last edited by: Bob Loblaw: Nov 22, 20 22:00
Quote Reply
Re: Right Hip Click When Walking Or Running? [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Bob Loblaw and All,

Good point .... but I am probably enough type A .... or tinker .... fixer uper .... that I will try to fix it first ... then if not fixable .... deal with it ... and Fuhgettaboutit .....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good article : https://www.sports-health.com/...napping-hip-syndrome
Normal plain film ( raadiologist here ) , it could be a labral tear . Normal plain film , but stay away from MRI if you don't have pain and are feeling better - it will show you things you don't want to know !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had these randomly show up before and understand why annoying ! Good luck solving this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had some clicking when running and going up stairs that was caused by and overly tight IT band. My PT diagnosed it easily. He prescribed foam rolling and resistance band clam shells twice a day to strengthen up my glutes and it cleared up within 1-2 weeks.

Your situation might be different, but that’s my n of 1... or 2 now based on the thread responses... I’d recommend a PT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@nealHE

you gave me your 0.02 re my skewer... your hip question is right up my alley. I have a PT clinic in Maryland... Let's do a FaceTime/zoom call for 20 min and see what we can see....

LIKELY a few compensations (there are some most common) that will easily be fixed with some functional exercises...

potentially a few stretches...
Quote Reply