Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding alone on Zwift
Quote | Reply
I had an odd thing happen last night. I got on Zwift and started riding and there was no one else around. I rode for an a bit over an hour and saw no one. Did I do something to cause this or was it some sort of bug?
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your connection was out, that is all. Failed internet or wireless.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, so then I guess the courses preloaded?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that's it, as I got FB alerts and email while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's also the occasional situation where a firewall allows the needed access to login but blocks the port(s) required to show other avatars during the session. This normally only happens for folks using wifi at gym which doesn't sound like your situation. If you were using your phone, I guess there's also the possibility it dropped wifi and switched to cellular during the session. Your email and FB notifications would continue to work but Zwift might not handle the switch to a different network. Just guessing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had this for portions of a ride, if I am riding on one of the more secluded and less popular courses, but I have yet to experience a full ride without seeing anyone on Zwift...
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [epate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I was on my home network so that shouldn't be an issue. Doing a little poking around, this is a relatively common occurrence. If it happens again, I'll reinstall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also happens to me sometimes when lots of devices are connected to our home network. My wife can't stream a movie on youtube tv while I listen to spotify, zwift, and watch youtube tv, for instance. We're limited to zwift, one spotify device, and one youtube tv streaming device, which is fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened to my wife last night. She and I both connected at the same time, two separate iPads...I launched into New York, she launched into Watopia (which was 99.9% empty). New York was the official course for the day. Not sure why her connection stuck to the previous world.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has happened to me occasionally when my wireless connection was poor to my garage where I zwift. Upgraded to a mesh wireless network (from Amplifi) and have never had an issue since.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [chrisrpdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisrpdx wrote:
This has happened to me occasionally when my wireless connection was poor to my garage where I zwift. Upgraded to a mesh wireless network (from Amplifi) and have never had an issue since.

This is what I did to remedy my garage black spot issue. Got a mesh network (different brand), and the entire house now is great. No kids yelling that the PS4 has lost connection again. No zwift lonely rides. No FulGaz crapping out.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [OtterJohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in New York, so the right course I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may want to check your latency speed on your internet connection. if I recall correctly this is what will sometimes prevent you from seeing others around you. However, I think this is more of a sporadic issue that manifests in sometimes you see the riders and then they vanish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
I had an odd thing happen last night. I got on Zwift and started riding and there was no one else around. I rode for an a bit over an hour and saw no one. Did I do something to cause this or was it some sort of bug?

That normally is the case for me on the rare occasions that I'm riding indoors, unless I put the trainer next to a window or my wife visits the basement. Just keeping it real. ;)
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 17, 19 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: Riding alone on Zwift [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
đŸ˜‚ Most of the time my dog sits beside me, so I'm not truly alone.
Last edited by: offpiste.reese: Jan 17, 19 10:56
Quote Reply