Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding Suddenly Aggravating Hip
Quote | Reply
Road all summer long on my tri bike, now back on my road bike. I’ve had a bike fit and been tinkering since, but riding has been seriously aggravating the front of my right hip and ride side of my lower back. Never had this issue before and overall I feel like my road position is less aggressive than my tri position. Nothing else has really changed. Wondering if I just need some time off the bike to let whatever is giving out heal, or if anyone else has a suggestion?

Obvious answer, of course, would be to try the tri bike again and see if I had the same issue there. Problem is I sold it at the end of the season (looking to upgrade) so that’s not an option...
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Suddenly Aggravating Hip [Persia1921] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had something similar to what you're describing a few years ago, mine ended up being a torn labrum. Can't really help you but wish you luck
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Suddenly Aggravating Hip [Persia1921] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I`ve had something similar and it turned out to be a tight psoas/iliopsoas - it`s a muscle that runs from your lower spine to the front of your hip. When mine get tight I get that lower back ache especially at night and a tightness in the front of the hip/groin region. It might make sense in your case if you`re moving from the tribike position with a fairly low hip angle, to the road bike with a more upright/open position where the psoas has to stretch a bit more. Google psoas stretches and try one or two for a few days - if this is your problem you should feel some relief pretty quickly. If not, probably a good idea to see a sports injury professional.
Last edited by: Behan: Dec 19, 19 8:17
Quote Reply