Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding Santa Fe
Quote | Reply
I'm in Santa Fe for the weekend. I want to do a long ride tomorrow (provided my achille is ok).
Starting of Cerrillos rd about 4mi from historic plaza.
Any suggestions?
Is 84/68 towards Taos ok for cycling?
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Santa Fe [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or if there is a group ride...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Francois,
Contact my sister, Liz, at The Running Hub, (505)820-2523. She manages the store, and knows all the roads of the area. She'd probably be interested in riding with you, as well. Tell her that her brother Steve referred you. Have fun!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Santa fe hill climb. if you are there, there really isnt another ride to do. SF sort of sucks for having lots of riding, you can ride to madrid an back or you can do the SF century loop. You said you would do it in 4:10, I did it in 4:45. BRING IT FRANCOIS...just joking, but if you are in sf, the hill climb, or the century loop is your best bet. too bad I didnt know, we could do the loop and hot tub it at my dads pad.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Santa Fe [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd do the hill climb :)- have done it numerous times as that seems the safest too- don't know the century route-have fun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not long, but the ride to the ski area is great. If you ride north from the main plaza (the street closeest to the mountains) you can go a fair way out there then hit the ski area on the return.

Unfortunately, those are the only two routes I know there.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Santa Fe [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh yeah, add on ride to Tesuque (sp?) the back way
Quote Reply