Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding Near Yosemite
Quote | Reply
Hi folks, I'm doing some camping at Yosemite this weekend, staying near the Big Oak Flat entrance. Is there any good road/cx riding around there? I have a free day and would love to explore a bit. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Near Yosemite [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjdwyer23 wrote:
Hi folks, I'm doing some camping at Yosemite this weekend, staying near the Big Oak Flat entrance. Is there any good road/cx riding around there? I have a free day and would love to explore a bit. Thanks!

you have a cross or gravel bike with you? just looking at google maps, you tell us. when you're done. me? i see a metric gravelton of options. enjoy! and report!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with Dan that there are probably many off road options in that area, though I'd check to make sure that bikes are allowed if you're within the park. Also, if you have balls of steel, you could ride your road bike down into the Valley, do a loop around, and then back up to your campsite. Very narrow roads with tons of tourist and RV traffic, but incredible scenery. Same thing if you head east and do an out and back on Tioga Rd.
Last edited by: cholla: Jun 5, 18 11:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjdwyer23 wrote:

I've found that even in crowded national parks if you ride at first light you can have the roads pretty much to yourself for a couple of hours or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Near Yosemite [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bringing my cross bike -- looks like a bunch of old forest roads in the area of my campsite. I may be able to connect over a mountain or two to 120 and get back that way. I'll report back!

Slowman wrote:
mjdwyer23 wrote:

you have a cross or gravel bike with you? just looking at google maps, you tell us. when you're done. me? i see a metric gravelton of options. enjoy! and report!
Quote Reply