Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Richard Murray - 28:04 10k
Quote | Reply
Not bad for a Triathlete on his own.

I know, the course wasn't officially measured. But it is still impressive.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that. Great effort! Just wait for the "he paced behind a bike and wore cheater shoes" comments.

He also went like 4:0x in the mile off of some hard bike intervals in a previous video. Very impressive running.
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So shoe corrected 30 min?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was this a road 10km or on the track? I assume the former?
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not saying he can't do it, but until he runs something relevant on a track I'll have my reservations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And just for the heck of it...

Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

Will you ever outgrow being a troll about Nikes on every thread you see them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, still impressive! Good on him.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

no different from a downhill marathon PR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Its road. Would prefer to see it on a track where he has to turn.
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

It is different. Shoes can't return more energy than the runner puts in. They're just less shite than old shoes by turning less energy into heat (waste). Running downhill reduces the energy required to move mass from point A to B by using an externally stored energy source, gravity/potential energy. The equation isn't the same at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Its road. Would prefer to see it on a track where he has to turn.

Road loop course or point to point? Road loop course is legit.
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
synthetic wrote:

It is different. Shoes can't return more energy than the runner puts in. They're just less shite than old shoes by turning less energy into heat (waste). Running downhill reduces the energy required to move mass from point A to B by using an externally stored energy source, gravity/potential energy. The equation isn't the same at all.

Yet multitudes of records broken with the introduction of this tech...

I like to point out, how the Kristian blumfelt abused the shoes setting "PR"s that when he showed up to a real track meet he left disappointed... and has been under the radar for past few weeks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road loop with the final maybe .1k off the loop to finish. I think it's probably a pretty legit distance wise but not perfect. His wife/girlfriend (Rachel Klamer) mentioned that they measured the distance a few times to get it right.
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [DinoBoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DinoBoss wrote:
I'm not saying he can't do it, but until he runs something relevant on a track I'll have my reservations.

Really?
Pancake flat course and multiple people timing and measuring and we still question legitimacy?

Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Road loop with the final maybe .1k off the loop to finish. I think it's probably a pretty legit distance wise but not perfect. His wife/girlfriend (Rachel Klamer) mentioned that they measured the distance a few times to get it right.

That sounds like there was no elevation drop and equal headwind tailwind. So seems pretty legit to call it a PB. What are athletes supposed to do now anyway given that there are no races, you kind of have to make up your own race and challenge yourself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:

But why wouldn't he just do this on a track? If you're going to run a 28:00 10K to test yourself and see what you're capable of and you're going to do it outside of an actual race, why would you not simply hit a track 25 times so you yourself know as well as all the internet naysayers know, that you ran a legit 10K.
Quote Reply
Re: Richard Murray - 28:04 10k [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

But why wouldn't he just do this on a track? If you're going to run a 28:00 10K to test yourself and see what you're capable of and you're going to do it outside of an actual race, why would you not simply hit a track 25 times so you yourself know as well as all the internet naysayers know, that you ran a legit 10K.

He was on Greg Bennett’s podcast recently. Said he doesn’t like running on the track because of all the turns.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

He knows there's people out there that will doubt it. Really, who cares...the internet cannot be pleased with anything at this point lol

Like I tell my kids - the road to unhappiness is down the path of trying to please people online that don't give a crap about you either way.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they key phrase there is "challenge yourself". He is finished his last race and wanted to do one more thing before calling it a season. He didn't do any tailored training for this so its just something to do for himself. I think there are some people that take these efforts a little to seriously. He's running each mile faster than I can run a single all out mile so I just enjoy the show haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea I'd think that he'd hit the track for this type of effort. I can understand not doing your workouts on the track if you don't like running on one but for the actual effort I would have thought he would have chosen a track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
28:04 is not a "challenge yourself" performance. That is a statement performance. 28:04 is 0:04 off the South Africa road 10K record. 28:04 is 0:28 faster than Alistair Brownlee ran at Payton Jordan Invitational, which I believe is the fastest open 10k ever run by a triathlete. If you're going to make a statement make it beyond reproach. But, no matter. That is damn damn fast no matter what, how, when, or who.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kudos to RD.It all looks legit, have a look at his Strava account

https://www.strava.com/activities/4235617078

He ran 2:49 km’s consistently.

One of the mains reason for running this on the road might be the difference in how much stress the track places on the legs (I.e., running 25 laps of curves) vs the road; especially if one does not train on the track regularly for this type of effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
28:04 is not a "challenge yourself" performance. That is a statement performance. 28:04 is 0:04 off the South Africa road 10K record. 28:04 is 0:28 faster than Alistair Brownlee ran at Payton Jordan Invitational, which I believe is the fastest open 10k ever run by a triathlete. If you're going to make a statement make it beyond reproach. But, no matter. That is damn damn fast no matter what, how, when, or who.

The angle of challenge yourself would be to go out put down a solid 10km performance on whatever course and maybe at most discuss it with some buddies alonng the lines of, "man I was flying, I wish I had an official race to get this performance registered....I have awesome fitness but have nothing official to show for it". I suppose what he did was along the lines, of "I challenged myself and pulled off something along the lines of finshing 175m ahead of Alistair virtually". For example what Lionel did was straight up, "I challenge myself to see where I stack up with pro cyclists on their turf...its out there and 1000% legit".
Quote Reply

Prev Next