Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reynolds assault or Aforce Al33?
Quote | Reply
Can get a 2nd hand reynolds assault (2017 edition) or build an Aforce Al33 wheelset for about the same money.

Which should I go for? I already have a set of older zipp 404 tubs (2009) and a really old set of hed alps.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds assault or Aforce Al33? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't comment on the Aforce Al33 since I don't own it, but the Reynolds Assault is superb in terms of braking, much better than the older Zipp 404 tubs and the newer Firecrest. Being 41mm deep, aero is not too shabby either, and high crosswind doesn't seem to affect handling. I run mine tubeless without issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds assault or Aforce Al33? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the AL33's. Built 20/24 with Bitex hubs, Sapim bladed spokes and brass nipples they come in at 1505g. Plenty stiff and with a 19.6mm internal width, they shape tires very nicely. At 165 lbs, I run 25 mm GP4000SII tires with latex at 75/78 psi or 28 mm tires at 65/70 psi no problem. They really are a nice set. I use them all around for training and road racing on my road bike. Would love to have something deeper at the same weight, but didn't want to go carbon brake surface. I also like my replacement cost options if for some reason I damage a wheel.
Quote Reply