Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reynolds Strike SLG vs 2007 808
Quote | Reply
My wife just upgraded to a new TT bike which is a change from 10speed to 11 speed. She has a 2007 808 (pre-firecrest, aluminum braking surface) that has a hub that is not 11 speed compatible. She also has a Reynolds Strike SLG rear wheel that is 11 speed. Is the 11 year old 808 still a faster wheel than a Reynolds Strike SLG? I have not been able to find any drag data on the Reynolds Strike SLG to compare. Would it be worth buying a new hub and paying to have it laced to the 808 rim?

On aeroweenie I did find data on "old 808 vs FC 808" as well as a FC404 vs FC808 chart. Comparing the 2 charts, dangerously assuming they were tested using the same method, the FC404 showed better than the old 808, but I don't know how much worse the Reynolds Strike is than a FC404.

Thanks in advance!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Strike SLG vs 2007 808 [BAMATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't directly answer your question. However, I can answer one that you didn't know that you have.

You don't need to buy a whole new hub. You can modify Shimano 11s cassettes to fit the 10s hub on that 808 (I'm assuming it's a 182 hub) to fit and work perfectly with an 11s drivetrain. I know because I've done exactly this with a set of 2007 404's. If you're quite handy and have appropriate machining tools, you can do it yourself. If not, PM me and I can get you information on the shop I sourced mine from. If you happen to be running Campy or SRAM, I'd assume that there's still a solution, you'd just have to talk to someone else to get that answer!

Good luck on solving the drag issue.
Quote Reply