Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video
Quote | Reply
This fitness youtuber made a review on Taren's new diet/weight loss vid. Interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEkX9jstJiU

Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [Kontich55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that guy is irritating. I was curious was he was saying but couldn't get past 60sec of his video.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fitness youtubers making reaction videos about other fitness youtubers is one of the more annoying things on youtube.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
word
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
Wow that guy is irritating. I was curious was he was saying but couldn't get past 60sec of his video.

Guy sounds like he might know what he's talking about but like you I couldn't get past 60 sec due to the fact that he sounds like his nuts are in a vise....and he looks like Kramer on steroids.
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:

I thought you were exaggerating. You were not
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
TX83 wrote:

I thought you were exaggerating. You were not

haha, nope. I love researching things and I try to take in as much info as possible and can get past some things, but this was one that no matter how good his info could have been, there was no chance of hanging on past 60sec.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Guy sounds like he might know what he's talking about but like you I couldn't get past 60 sec due to the fact that he sounds like his nuts are in a vise....and he looks like Kramer on steroids.

Holy crap, that is funny.
Last edited by: WannaB: Mar 30, 21 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fitness youtubers making reaction videos about other fitness youtubers is one of the more annoying things on youtube.

The linked video is a reaction video by fitness youtuber Greg Doucette about the reaction video by fitness youtuber Taren about his reaction to videos by fitness youtubers in general.

I think I need to make a reaction video to Greg's video, then maybe Taren will make a reaction video to mine and we can achieve youtube perpetual motion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
TX83 wrote:

I'd never heard him before; you're right. The voice must be schtick, and I guess it works because he has a million subscribers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kontich55 wrote:
This fitness youtuber made a review on Taren's new diet/weight loss vid. Interesting

You will likely be astonished, but he was selling something.
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hormones in, hormones out for Greg. Avoiding natural growth didn't let his voice box to catch up with muscle growth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, Greg always puts in a plug for his cookbook crap lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Kontich55 wrote:

You will likely be astonished, but he was selling something.

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That voice!! I wonder if he uses the same voice when ordering something in a restaurant or saying something to his wife.

Whats even more ridiculous is that he has a million subscribers
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:

Holy crap, that is funny.

Ditto. Have not seen either video, but comments like this are worth their weight in gold...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we get a separate forum for discussions about the Iron Cowboy, Taren and all the other self promoters that people love to hate around here? I have no interest in these people, or the discussions about them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean, he's right. Calories In, Calories Out.

Lean meats, fruits, nuts, vegetables. Candy Bar here and there. Taren needs to stop attempting to be a guru and go back to being regular guy. But we're well past that. So we got a Guru tearing apart the arguments of another guru. At least the muscled up dude isn't lying.

Greg talked about volumous but low caloric density food...hello broccoli anyone? lols.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Mar 30, 21 16:40
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So we got a Guru tearing apart the arguments of another guru. At least the muscled up dude isn't lying.

LOL!

It really should not be complicated. As I have said before - Read Michael Pollan's books! For roughly 85% of people that basics apply. Yes for 15% there may be some extraordinary measures/issues. Where the problem is, is the 85% of people think they are in the 15%!! And the Guru's try and sell them something! :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
TX83 wrote:

I was waiting for the blonde to lose her shit and whack him with a frying pan. I was thinking "He has to be her brother."

.....and now YouTube has added his channel to my viewed favourites..Shit!
>
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:
TX83 wrote:

I was waiting for the blonde to lose her shit and whack him with a frying pan. I was thinking "He has to be her brother."

.....and now YouTube has added his channel to my viewed favourites..Shit!
>

Greg Douchette? Lmao. Now you can't get rid of him as he's in your feed. He's right, but I couldn't watch. It's worse than Taren. How does he have a million subscribers? That's unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Can we get a separate forum for discussions about the Iron Cowboy, Taren and all the other self promoters that people love to hate around here? I have no interest in these people, or the discussions about them.

...and yet you take the time to comment on it.

Quote | Reply
I’ve watched Greg’s videos before. In one of his videos he talks about how he got started on YouTube. He used to speak normally and provide quality information, but he found that yelling in that weird voice for his videos got more views. It was a business, so he did what brought in the money. If you can get past the voice, he provides solid information. He’s also one of the only fitness influencers that is honest about his steroid and hormone use. Even in his reaction videos or his natty or not videos, he usually tries to throw in a solid nugget of fitness advice. But, he does pimp the cookbook in every video.
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [Kay9Cop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay9Cop wrote:
But, he does pimp the cookbook in every video.
Ho lee crap, his cookbook is $149. It'd better come with all the food included.
Quote Reply
Re: Review of Triathlon Taren's recent diet video [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t read the thread, beyond the headline. Nor do I go onto these YouTube channels. You people can waste your time with these hacks.

I do pay attention to what the pros say and do, because they are the best in the world.
Quote Reply

Prev Next