Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Revant Replacement Sunglasses Lenses - any opinions/experiences (long term)?
Quote | Reply
My Oakley Half Jacket (1.0) could use new lenses but as many know Oakley themselves don't offer them anymore. Thinking of getting the photochromatic ones actually. My original lenses are polarized and the coating is starting getting pretty bad (looks like cracks running everywhere).

Also considering them for my M-Frames (Z87) too while I was at it since they are cheaper than Oakley replacements. Looking at Clear and polarized as both my original lenses are also having the coating go bad same as my Half Jackets. Don't know if Oakley will warranty these yet (haven't checked as I've had them 7 years roughly...both this and the Half Jacket).

Looking for anyone whose used them (can be for Oakleys or whatever frames). Curious if their "elite" line is as close as it will get to original Oakley lenses or should I just get polarized and save a few bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Revant Replacement Sunglasses Lenses - any opinions/experiences (long term)? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got replacement lenses for Oakley Scalpels. I was impressed with the fit and the construction of the lenses. Not quite the same color as the original, but I'm happy(ish) with them. The alternative was throwing the frames away as the original lenses were in pretty bad shape.

I ended up going with the polarized lenses and I don't like them as much for driving. It seems like the construction of at least the windshield on my car has a polarizing effect that then has an interference effect with the lenses. I would assume that this could potentially be a problem with all polarized lenses, not just these.
Quote Reply
Re: Revant Replacement Sunglasses Lenses - any opinions/experiences (long term)? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got a replacement pair for my Jawbones, Didn't go with polarized but got vented.
Fit well, look good.
Would buy from them again. For the price I don't think they can be beat.
Quote Reply