Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rev3 Rush Announced
Quote | Reply
Didn't see a thread via a search? They just announced a short draft legal event in Richmond.
http://rev3tri.com/...rmat-to-rev3-series/

Seem interesting especially the heats and short distance..although could be a crash/crit like fest too..
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting concept. So are they setting up two pools in the infield?! Wonder what entry fee will be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd anticipate a high body count...aside from that it sounds really cool, imo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
Didn't see a thread via a search? They just announced a short draft legal event in Richmond.
http://rev3tri.com/...rmat-to-rev3-series/

Seem interesting especially the heats and short distance..although could be a crash/crit like fest too..

The big track should help minimize crashes... but not eliminate for sure.

I'm in!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like that format! That could be fun and I'd love to hear how it turns out... I think this would be like back in the day playing full court 3-on-3 tourneys, you have to be explosive each game, but have the stamina to endure multiple games.

Could be fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Try Not To Puke on the Finish Line!
http://trynot2puke.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds pretty awesome. Probably a really good way to make people more aware of draft legal racing.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [ratherbeswimmin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they'll pull people who become a lap down? Explosive swimmers might have a decent advantage in this format since the other two disciplines are so short time wise as well.
Last edited by: masterslacker: Jan 22, 14 8:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
I wonder if they'll pull people who become a lap down? Explosive swimmers might have a decent advantage in this format since the other two disciplines are so short time wise as well.
Finally! I get an advantage!
My guess is they won't, because the track is REALLY wide. It's probably one of the safest places to hold a draft legal race with a bunch of triathletes. Smooth pavement, no tight turns, wide track, banked turns...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty interesting but I'd be more interested if the bike leg was closer to the Little 500 than NASCAR Superspeedway. But beggars can't be choosers and I still think it sounds cool.

For pools like this or the Vegas supersprint race, how do they make the walls of the pool solid for turns?
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Pretty interesting but I'd be more interested if the bike leg was closer to the Little 500 than NASCAR Superspeedway. But beggars can't be choosers and I still think it sounds cool.

For pools like this or the Vegas supersprint race, how do they make the walls of the pool solid for turns?

There are temp pools that have solid walls--like the one that they use for the US Olympic trials BUT those are pretty expensive and I'm sure the rental of those would make this too expensive--that's why I wonder what the cost for this event will be....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it.

I've been part of a consultative effort on two fronts to explore shorter races, the viability of them and how to make them work.

We can't keep going longer and longer. It will work for a select few, but if we look at the models elsewhere, in other sports, ultra-long is NOT where it's at, at a number of levels.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, in May... dang it, this would be a ton of fun... but I'm not going to risk a crash 7 days before Eagleman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skippy74 wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:

There are temp pools that have solid walls--like the one that they use for the US Olympic trials BUT those are pretty expensive and I'm sure the rental of those would make this too expensive--that's why I wonder what the cost for this event will be....

I just confirmed pricing with Charlie Patten on facebook: $60 early bird, $120 regular price. I paid $120 for the standard Cedar Point Rev3 sprint last year so pricing is in line with their sprints.

Also, charlie said racers are guaranteed 3 races, which doesnt match the description but im sure they're still going to release more details
Last edited by: pick6: Jan 22, 14 9:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pricing will be tiered. 60, 80, 100, 120. So the 80, 100 price tiers will be the most common I would assume. For that, you are guaranteed at least three races. We are really excited about this! Got questions? Ask away....

Charlie
http://www.rev3tri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [rev3tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rev3tri wrote:
Pricing will be tiered. 60, 80, 100, 120. So the 80, 100 price tiers will be the most common I would assume. For that, you are guaranteed at least three races. We are really excited about this! Got questions? Ask away....

Charlie

Thanks again Charlie.

I just hope people don't take too seriously the "rubbin is racin" they'll see on some signs near the track :D
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd anticipate a high body count..

There is always this default thinking that it will be a crash-fest, and even if there is only one crash, just one, it will be deemed by many, a crash-fest. That's unfortunate.

A better way to look at it would be for triathletes to take up the challenge and the opportunity of leaning to how to really ride a bicycle. To lean the nuances of how to handle a bike in a group. How to feel comfortable in various riding situations. Part of cycling is abut riding solo straight down a road, but it's not ALL of cycling.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rev3tri wrote:

Charlie

When is coming out west? Seriously, I'd love to get in on this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skippy74 wrote:
Interesting concept. So are they setting up two pools in the infield?! Wonder what entry fee will be.

What is really cool about this is that it makes television coverage much easier, since athletes aren't spread out so much. It also means you can charge admission for spectators.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what do the price tiers get you? How many folks do you think will be in a 'heat' or will that depend on number of entries? Will the 'heats' be age group specific? You are close to me so Richmond is pretty easily done--probably gonna have to give this a shot!!

Edit to add: Ohhhh since draft legal will road bikes be required?
Last edited by: Skippy74: Jan 22, 14 9:44
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
rev3tri wrote:

Charlie

Thanks again Charlie.

I just hope people don't take too seriously the "rubbin is racin" they'll see on some signs near the track :D

I hope the opposite. If your going to draft - do it right. If you don't like the rubbin - go faster and stay ahead of the pack.
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
I'd anticipate a high body count...aside from that it sounds really cool, imo
i seriously doubt it. flat, mostly straight course, with large radius turns and most likely very good surface.

looks like a lot of fun to be honest
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 Rush Announced [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I'd anticipate a high body count..

There is always this default thinking that it will be a crash-fest, and even if there is only one crash, just one, it will be deemed by many, a crash-fest. That's unfortunate.

A better way to look at it would be for triathletes to take up the challenge and the opportunity of leaning to how to really ride a bicycle. To lean the nuances of how to handle a bike in a group. How to feel comfortable in various riding situations. Part of cycling is abut riding solo straight down a road, but it's not ALL of cycling.

It's not a crash caused by inexperience but usually by overly aggressive riding in my younger bike racing days. Its better with the open race track and good pavement but there was a weekly Oregon series at PIR(Portland International Raceway) and most crashes on that wide open track were caused by aggressive riding not inexperience.

Although with the "heats" concept, I'm guessing they can really limit the pack size plus since you have to swim first in the age groups I'm betting some smaller packs as well.

Overall, it's very intriguing from a spectating standpoint as the family can watch the whole race and depending on how well you do see you race multiple times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No TT bikes, right?

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pack racing with a bunch of folks I don't know. Not worth the risk of losing a season, or worse.

Look forward to the videos though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next