Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Return of Wednesday Ride in Pictures
Quote | Reply
After reading the recent thread about best places to train during the winter I thought I would revive this thread I used to do about 10 years ago. I try to set Wednesdays aside to do a longer ride in North San Diego County each week. We get a bad rap with visitors complaining about too much traffic in SoCal but I have found it is all about knowing where to ride around here.
So this week I set out on a 60 mile loop starting in Bonsall.
Totals were:
61.3 miles
5617ft elevation gain
temperature average of 75

After an initial climb from Bonsall into Fallbrook, I exited out of Fallbrook into Deluz Canyon and a nice little descent.

First real climb in the back of De Luz

Once at the top, looking back on what I had just finished climbing.

After looping through De Luz I came out on Rancho California Rd which leads down into Temecula

The start of the descent into Temecula

After riding through Temecula and Rainbow Canyon I got another meandering descent on Rice Canyon Rd

Not really sure what this is, looks like a normal steer except with a shaggy coat. The ranch at the bottom of Rice Canyon with about a half dozen of these weird looking animals.

After Rice Canyon is one of my favorite climbs (and descents going opposite way) Couser Canyon

back side descent of Couser

Quite the coincidence running into this guy at the bottom of Couser. 17 years ago when I first moved to SoCal I used to do a Wednesday group ride with Dan (Slowman), Pete Penseyres (RAMM record holder) and this guy, Ves Mandaric (original frame builder for QR)

getting close to the end now, West Lilac descent

final descent back to Bonsall

Anyone interested in retracing this ride, here is the map and que sheet
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27118619

Enjoy, until next week!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Last edited by: Mike Plumb: Mar 29, 18 16:30
Quote Reply
Re: Return of Wednesday Ride in Pictures [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply