Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Retro TT stuff [stephen J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stephen J wrote:
I still have two sets of the bullet brake levers as well...if anyone has a really good project, I would could let you have them really cheap; as I would not use them since I made my own version.

I would be interested in those, if you still have them. I'm building a Zipp 2001, and they'd be just the right thing.

Posting in public since I am somehow not allowed to send you a private message, PM me back, or mail me at m@lieba.ch. Sorry for the noise.

http://m.lieba.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow that HAS to be in Florida! a 7 speed cassstte 12-18! i would be snappin' chains around here with that thing!

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kent,

There are a number of these original Cervelo P2 frames at the Enduro Sport Outlet in Markham, ON

Picture - https://twitter.com/#!/stevefleck/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fnt7q6qrj

When you look at this frame up close, you realize that this was the bike that really got things going in terms of serious TT and triathlon aerodynamics in the modern day? It was a ground breaker and it was the first bike to really put Cervelo on the map. You also wonder, how much faster the current bikes really are?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. One brake lever for both brakes? I'll bet that requires some tricky adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the link you posted it seems that the original P2 was a copy of or shared a lot with the GT Vengeance/Project 96 mass start track bikes. The P2 tubeset looks a lot like the Reynolds aero tubeset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Jeremy,
I happen to run by your thread from surf net for Zipp bikes. I enjoyed reading your thread and I would like to join in. I am not sure if my bicycles are qualified as retro. I still have at least 27 bicycles that I love very much and they are still in new condition. Most of them I bought new back then. Your advice will never fail of being well reserved, thank you.
Sincerely,
-Max T

Life is short, enjoy, love, peace!

Click here to download more bicycles in maximum resolution:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

`

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jun 24, 13 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trimble Rocket bars:

Has anyone ever seen these before? Currently on german Ebay.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw those on ebay, too. I remember reading a review of aerobars back in the early 90's, maybe in Bicycling. If I recall correctly, the writer found this one to be uncomfortable. No wind tunnel data. From the looks of it I'd say it would not be the best for a Mantis type position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool idea: fibreglas and aluminum tubing.

They clamp onto old-school forged aluminum quill stems, like a Cinelli 1A or old 3TTT Syntesis. I doubt they'd fit many modern threadless stems.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimble made those. He also made aero bikes. Trimble

Quote | Reply
Thanks, Damon. One of the other photos shows the clamping bracket.
Maybe Profile Design got their idea for the Lightening Stryke clipons from these!

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thought I should resurrect this thread ----- went through some of my old Triathlete magazines --- I was really looking for one photo of the Scott 100k bars in use but didnt see one ---- perhaps the years of my mags was off.

Did see these Scott bars:

Hooker ------ a lot of craziness going on in this photo -- 24" front wheel, Modolo Krono front brake -------- too bad that shoe strap and bike shorts are flapping in the wind!!

Check out the aero bars ---- specifically the way these bar cons mount:

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found this --- anyone ever seen a Hooker tandem before? I hadnt.

"The Men’s 110+ 40k tandem time trial record was set back in 1997 by Dave Spangler and Vic Copeland aboard Dave’s one-off Hooker Time Trial Tandem in the photo below. According to John, the photo of Dave & Vic was taken by a friend and former teammate of John, Tom Sprose, at Moriarty, New Mexico during “Record Challenge“. Again, as shared by John, most of the current time trial records are set in Moriarty as it has gained a reputation for being a “blazing fast course” over the years. Dave Spangler & Gary Hooker were the same two guys behind Hooker headers, for any old automotive gear heads who might be reading, and they also collaborated to build some amazing Tri and Time Trial bikes. Here’s a link to an article written about 10 years ago about the Hooker bikes, Gary Hooker & Dave Spangler."

edit: forgot the source link: https://tandemgeek.wordpress.com/...-tiemeyer-tt-tandem/

Last edited by: jeremyb: Mar 13, 15 7:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome! Weren't Hooker bike reputedly kind of flexy at the BB? I wonder what modifications they made for the tandem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hope the guy in front doesnt get gas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! I still have one of those titanium forward seat posts from Torque.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's old is new (and aero)[/img]
Last edited by: goldentech: Mar 13, 15 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Trimble. I bought one back in the '90's from James Trimble himself in MA. Some of my best rides were on that bike. It would be cool to see how these frames stack up against the modern bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mfrassica wrote:
+1 on Trimble. I bought one back in the '90's from James Trimble himself in MA. Some of my best rides were on that bike. It would be cool to see how these frames stack up against the modern bikes.

supposedly not at all good at yaw, but that is only things I've heard other people say. don't know if anyone wrote the data down and put it on the internet =)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used these before on my old Trimble. They were comfortable IMHO. Only thing was that they really only were able to be mounted in horizontal position. The attachment was different than what we now have. There was a 'U' clamp in the back (see two bolt heads in picture) that went under the stem, not the base bars like now.

As far as aero, they could not have been too bad. There was little for the wind to see from the front.

Barchettaman wrote:
Trimble Rocket bars:

Has anyone ever seen these before? Currently on german Ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! There's a new set on eBay right now in the box!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<Bump>
Stumbled across this and it took me nicely through a quiet New Years Eve <whisper> at work
Good luck to everyone in 2016 whatever you do.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next