Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reston Virginia Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Reached out to them but no response. Any insider knowledge on whether this will happen in 2021?
Quote Reply
Re: Reston Virginia Triathlon [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our illustrious governor just increased the number of participants at races from 250 to 1000, effective March 1.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Reston Tri facebook page

Hello Reston Triathlete World Champion Athletes!! We hope you are well, training hard and remain Covid-free. For 2021, we are planning, and making every effort to put on an in-person race in September. Obviously things are in flux with COVID restrictions, immunizations and safety recommendations, and we will abide by all. But we WANT to be back, in person, in September. We hope you do too! Stay tuned.
Quote Reply
Re: Reston Virginia Triathlon [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:

Hello Reston Triathlete World Champion Athletes!! We hope you are well, training hard and remain Covid-free. For 2021, we are planning, and making every effort to put on an in-person race in September. Obviously things are in flux with COVID restrictions, immunizations and safety recommendations, and we will abide by all. But we WANT to be back, in person, in September. We hope you do too! Stay tuned.

I really hope this happens. The only water I've been in is the shower. My ass is getting fat. I need some motivation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for races around Reston, Kinetic Multisports has their entire race calendar up and ready, and they're planning to start having races at the beginning of April!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Porfirio wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

I really hope this happens. The only water I've been in is the shower. My ass is getting fat. I need some motivation.

I'm assuming you're local "enough" to participate in the race. Have you not been in water b/c lack of access or motivation? Reston Community Center & YMCA pools are open.
Quote Reply
Re: Reston Virginia Triathlon [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HeartRN wrote:
If you're looking for races around Reston, Kinetic Multisports has their entire race calendar up and ready, and they're planning to start having races at the beginning of April!

Great race organization... I've done the half. But crap, April... not enough pool time by that time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well good news for you, the first race is a sprint tri with a 300 meter pool swim (snake style). Smithfield is definitely one of the more fun short races.
Quote Reply