Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacing brake pads on a Cervelo P5
Quote | Reply
Im looking to swap my brake pads on my P5 as Im swapping my wheels. The front looks pretty straight forward once the fairing is off but what about the rear brake? Is there any easy way to do this? You cant get to the small screw holding the pad as the chainset is in the way.
Any tips on this please?

Also does anyone know the size of the 3 bolts holding the front nose fairing in place as Ihave lost one.

Thansk
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing brake pads on a Cervelo P5 [IMF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like to change pads when the bike is on my kickr as I can basically turn the bike over to make it a bit easier to fiddle around. I also close the brakes as far as I can get them. Then it's a matter of pushing them as far as you can get them to one side to access the screw, than pushing it to the other side to get the other one, the chainring side is the hardest as you can't get a straight shot at it unless you remove the crank. But with a long enough Allen key, it is doable.
Definitely one of the downsides of the design of the bike. But having done it a bunch of times, I am pretty quick now!

not sure on screw size as I've never measured them!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you cut off partly the short part of the allen key it should get so short that it fits between the screw and the chainwheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found there is no easy way to do this unfortantely....I have to change mine out when I put on race wheels and the only good thing is it gets easier with practice. I take the entire pad off/with holder, replace the pad and then put it back on the brake. Keep it loose and then depress the brake to line up correctly on the wheel and tighten while it is lined up.
Quote Reply