Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacement insert for Canyon Garmin mount?
Quote | Reply
I have a Canyon Aeroad with Canyon's Garmin mount that attaches under the bars (https://www.canyon.com/...-and-h36/165315.html). The mount is 3 years old and it seems the plastic disc insert that actually holds the Garmin is wearing out - my Edge has quite a bit of play and is starting to rattle even on quite smooth roads. 95% sure it's the mount as the Garmin has a nice snug fit on other bikes. It looks as if it should be possible to just replace the plastic disc as it is attached to the rest of the mount by 2 screws from underneath. However I can't find a suitable replacement - closest is a K-Edge mount but that won't work as it screws in from the top instead of underneath. Contacted Canyon and their only suggestion was replacing the whole thing.

Anybody else had this problem and found a solution? Don't really want to order a whole new mount for $30 for the sake of a small plastic part that should be about $5 and is clearly designed to be replaced. Not even just the money, it's the principle of the thing! Looks as though Garmin's own out-front mount has a similar insert that attaches from underneath, but no spares for that either and it's similar priced.
Quote Reply