Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacement For Garmin 310 XT
Quote | Reply
It is still working but is showing signs of its age. What kind of replacement should I be looking for that serves the functions that the XT does & will cost me no more than about 200.00?

Thanks for the input.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement For Garmin 310 XT [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used and sometimes new 920xt go for around 200.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not know of a true multisport watch new anywhere close to $200. However you might find a 920XT on sale for $200 somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to recommend a 920xt at the Garmin Outlet - but they don't exist there are the moment and the 910xt is $300. Which is ... insane. If you like the 310xt, the Garmin Outlet has them for $81.... A slight off topic - but pricing is why I doubt that my next GPS watch will be a Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement For Garmin 310 XT [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
I was going to recommend a 920xt at the Garmin Outlet - but they don't exist there are the moment and the 910xt is $300. Which is ... insane. If you like the 310xt, the Garmin Outlet has them for $81.... A slight off topic - but pricing is why I doubt that my next GPS watch will be a Garmin.

The 910XT is the direct replacement for the 310 and is much better - tons on ebay for ~$50 if you are willing to take a chance.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement For Garmin 310 XT [microspawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that the 310/910 (maybe even the 920) are likely to suffer from reduced run time with ageing batteries. If you are a short course athlete and keep long workouts to 4-6 hours max, these older watches might work. Certainly, the functionality is not too much less than the latest and greatest, which generally have a nicer appearance and/or some special feature (OHR, music). BTW, I see that Garmin is still selling new 920XT for $450 (!!), but JackRabbit (? never heard of them) has new 920XT for $200 + about $20 shipping. That seems to be the way to go, if you don't want the roulette of eBay. I *think* that the JackRabbit 920XT is new, so you'd get a Garmin warranty (I am guessing) and their pretty top-notch customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackrabbit is legit. I often buy my running shoes from that site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
It is still working but is showing signs of its age. What kind of replacement should I be looking for that serves the functions that the XT does & will cost me no more than about 200.00?

Thanks for the input.

310XT was my first GPS watch. During this period of time ('09 to '15), advancements in GPS watch technology were dramatic; they've substantially leveled off (in my opinion) since about 2015. Like others have said, look for a "refurbished" 920XT on Amazon or Ebay and get the (extremely inexpensive) insurance. I purchased a used one which was completely fine, and I'd do it again, but you don't get the assurance of a free replacement if something fails. The barometric altimeter did fail on mine and Garmin was willing to replace the faulty watch with a new one for $89.

Also, do a product comparison for yourself in order to determine what you do and don't need: DCRainmaker

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are going second hand I would recommend the 920XT over the 910XT. The main reason is that the 920XT automatically uploads via bluetooth to your phone. As soon as you finish an activity it is uploaded.
Quote Reply