Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renn Disc
Quote | Reply
Any information on Renn disc?

Thanks http://www.trizilla.com

http://www.trizilla.com

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular!
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will find alot of love for the Renn Disc here. I plan on getting one as soon as I am ready to get some race wheels. Deep front/Renn disc rear for me. Seems like a great buy for the $$$

some more input ---->http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._string=renn;#341098

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do a search on some old posts on this forum you'll find all sorts of Renn discussions. The general theme tends to be outstanding value and superior product with amazing customer service. Enough said :)

ps. I do not ride a Renn but would definitely be in the market for one if I was picking up a new disk wheel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The question should not be is the Renn disc any good? the correct question should be why would someone purchase any other disc wheel?

But I'm a very satisfied Renn 575 wheel owner.

Just a comparison, you could buy one Campagnolo Ghibili disc wheel or for the same money, buy 6 Renn 575 disc wheels and have a few bucks left over for tires and tubes. Is the Ghibili 6 times better than the Renn 575? No!

For that matter, you can also purchase CH Aero Wheel Covers and turn a traditional spoked wheel into a disc wheel for about $60.00. The performance of the wheel covers vs a true disc wheel is so close that you are just splitting hairs. Less than 5 seconds difference over a 40 KM(25 mile) time trial in aero performance of one versus the other.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For that matter, you can also purchase CH Aero Wheel Covers and turn a traditional spoked wheel into a disc wheel for about $60.00. The performance of the wheel covers vs a true disc wheel is so close that you are just splitting hairs. Less than 5 seconds difference over a 40 KM(25 mile) time trial in aero performance of one versus the other.
That's an interesting perspective. Fortunes have been made in the bike business based on the ability to shave seconds off of a 40km time trial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Renn disks are good.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

So I'm confused if a $60 cover is as good why did you pop for the disk?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hello,

So I'm confused if a $60 cover is as good why did you pop for the disk?

Styrrell
The cool noise it makes.
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is funny to see people look over their shoulder as you pull up to pass them. It's also an interesting growl when accelerating from a turnaround or other sharp corner. I had a wheel cover on a rear wheel on a bike...back in 1987. I'm sure it can be done better now than then, but, the disc sure is nice.

If you buy a good quality rear wheel, then spend another 60.00 on it for the covers, you're not really saving much money over buying a Renn. I like to have a separate race setups so I use training equipment as emergency backups. Consequently, I'd be one of those buying another rear wheel anyway.

But, you could run the covers on your regular training wheel if you choose to do so. I don't know if they are hard to put on and take off.

Either way, a "real disc" or a well-covered wheel, you'll be faster.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply