Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Removing power tap g3 battery cover, without tool
Quote | Reply
Are there any suggestions for a makeshift tool to use to remove the battery cap / cover on a power tap G3 hub? I’ve lost mine and need to swap out batteries before I will have a chance to get to a store.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing power tap g3 battery cover, without tool [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jar opener or strap wrench.

Strava
Last edited by: gmh39: Apr 29, 19 18:12
Quote Reply
Re: Removing power tap g3 battery cover, without tool [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
Are there any suggestions for a makeshift tool to use to remove the battery cap / cover on a power tap G3 hub? I’ve lost mine and need to swap out batteries before I will have a chance to get to a store.

All I can say is I did it. In Los Cabos for that matter with access to hardly anything so I know it can be done but don't really remember how. I think I scratched the cover to create a deep groove to gain leverage with a tool. May have used a wide pliers at that point or maybe a couple of tire levers.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a rag & a vice grip.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing power tap g3 battery cover, without tool [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a old mountainbike innertube and a large socket.
Quote Reply