Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reid/Bowden--Am I missing something?
Quote | Reply
So have I missed some major piece of news. Here is the finish everyone has talked about for years--iron-couple Reid and Bowden winning IMH in the same year--but I didn't see him at the finish line to congratulate her, and Babbitt and Huddle didn't say word one about the "world's fittest couple" that I heard during the ironmanlive coverage. I can only come to one conclusion, which I don't really want to hear about . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Reid/Bowden--Am I missing something? [Big Bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are talk about splitville...
Quote Reply
Re: Reid/Bowden--Am I missing something? [Big Bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According the Associated Press race result report:

Lori Bowden, the 1999 champion and women's course marathon record holder, made another strong run and won the women's race. Her time was 9:11:55. Bowden, who is Reid's estranged wife, passed Nina Kraft of Germany midway through the run after Kraft had regained the lead.
Quote Reply
Re: Reid/Bowden--Am I missing something? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend noted the same thing. She said that if they weren't on the outs already, he'd be on the outs after not meeting her at the finish!

Too bad about the world's fittest couple, but if I can get in an Ironman in 9 hours or so, and my girlfriend can do the same...who knows, another fittest couple in the making...
Quote Reply
Re: Reid/Bowden--Am I missing something? [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Leders and Debooms might have something to say about that...
Quote Reply
Re: Reid/Bowden--Am I missing something? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if something was up between Reid and Bowden. From reading his pre kona reports he didn't mention Lori in any of them, where as in years past he has. The same holds true for Bowden on her website.
Quote Reply