Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recreational Competitor TUE
Quote | Reply
https://www.velonews.com/...osterone-tues_430124

I see some merit in this option for athletes who truly have medical issues that need a drug to improve their quality of life. The article makes it sound like it’s a very difficult exemption to get which is good. It should be.

This could allow the two catagories in a race that Slowtwitchers sometimes talk about... the rec category who aren’t tested but can’t podium of qualify for championship races and the rest of the pack.
Quote Reply
Re: Recreational Competitor TUE [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd just noticed this very recent USADA sanction of a masters cyclist. Kind of an interesting read. The order of events is a little fuzzy. But it reads like he got busted for testosterone and clomiphene. Then he tried to apply for a TUE, got rejected. Then they steered him towards an RTUE and gave him 1/4 of the usual 4-year sanction. It's possible he applied for the regular TUE before he got busted...order is fuzzy.

The funny thing is it almost reads like an advertisement for an RTUE.

At least the definition of "recreational competitor" is pretty strong. But seems hard to enforce. If this guy her places 3rd in a local crit with 40 entrants he loses his RTUE automatically?
Quote Reply
Re: Recreational Competitor TUE [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is going to be socially acceptable to allow those that are transitioning from Female to Male to use T & still compete in Athletics (ex. High School Wrestler in Texas), then there certainly has to be legal grounds for discrimination if those that medically require it cannot use it to compete in Athletics as well.

I for one support the TUE as long as it precludes one from awards, prizes, & championship slots.
Quote Reply