Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for Online Coaching
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

In light of the global situation, I'm looking for some online coaching in order to build a 6 month training plan for 70.3 Ireland (Cork) in August, with a probably overreaching ambition to have a go at qualifying for AG 70.3 WC.

I am looking for a fairly 'light touch' approach, i.e. consultation to help develop a training plan and then some check-ins over the 6 months to see if any big changes are needed. (I'm contrasting this to a ordinary online coaching approach which I assume includes multiple sessions per week which isn't viable for me from a time perspective).

I've not had coaching before, so if my idea of a 'light touch' approach is unreasonable and simply not something any coach would be interested in as it doesn't provide enough opportunity to help improve, then also interested in that feedback.

If anyone has any recommendations or is in that business themselves I'd be very interested to hear either on here or via PM.

Based between UK / Republic of Ireland in case relevant to timezones.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for Online Coaching [PJH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on your requirements, Mike Plumb would be a great fit. http://tripower.org/ I can't remember when I started working with him, maybe 10 months ago? My FTP is up about 15% or more and I'm running faster than I did 20 years ago. I've always been self coached so I wanted something similar to what you described. Mike always responds to questions very quickly and has no problem explaining why he prescribed a certain workout.
Quote Reply