Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend me deep section disc wheels
Quote | Reply
So a Felt IA2 Disc is on it's way to my front door. In the mean time I'm looking at a new racing wheelset. My dreamset would be Zipp, but I just can't afford to spend that amount of money at the moment, so I've been eyeballing a set DT Swiss ARC 1400's.

Any experiences? Any other recommendations?

Oh and should I get a centerlock or 6-bolt set?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me deep section disc wheels [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
princeton carbonworks?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think with any major wheel company at this point you are just chasing marginal gains.

Heds are your best bet if you're on a budget. If you can wait until black friday, places like mybikeshop have some spectacular deals. That's how I got my pair last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED Vanquish. I have tried a number of different wheel brands, but I always seem to end up back on HEDs. You just can't beat the combination of design, price and quality.

The similarity of the Vanquish to the new Knot wheels on the Cannondale should be somewhat reassuring that smart people have looked at the available design options and decided it was worth purchasing a patent license to mimic the HEDs.

Excel Sports always has a 10% discount on first time orders if you can't wait for possible Black Friday deals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If $2500 isn't in the budget (Hed Vanquish and DT Swiss 1400 dicut), keep you eyes open for the Hed Jet6+ to go on sale. Yeah, they have an aluminum rim with carbon fairing and weigh about 200 gms more, but they are regularly available for $900.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
So a Felt IA2 Disc is on it's way to my front door. In the mean time I'm looking at a new racing wheelset. My dreamset would be Zipp, but I just can't afford to spend that amount of money at the moment, so I've been eyeballing a set DT Swiss ARC 1400's.

Any experiences? Any other recommendations?

Oh and should I get a centerlock or 6-bolt set?

x2 on chasing marginal gains with Zipp. Just go with HED.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of DT Swiss ARC 1400's in 35’s and really like them as all around wheels. My set held water (didn’t drain well) when riding in the rain. I drilled the drain hole a little larger and that seemed to work. Bought a set of the 62’s off eBay for about $800 (so there are deals to be found). Decided they were too deep for my needs so sold them....wanted something closer to a 50mm. Good match for tubeless as mounting Pro Ones was pretty easy. I recenty ordered a set of Reynolds Aero 46 DB’s from My Bike Shop for around $1,400 and actually like these better than the DT’s. Even easier to mount tubeless Pro Ones. I wish they had a set of 55’s and not 65’s as I’d order a set as well.......but might end up trying again a deeper set. Only thing is I wish the Reynolds used 24 spokes in the front instead of 20 so if needed to be used on my winter/gravel bike....I would feel more comfortable with 24 spokes .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it will depend on if you want a rear disc (shape, not brake) but maybe check out Reynolds

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply