Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend a tire pump you like
Quote | Reply
I tried the Topeak Joe Blow pump with smarthead for my Hed 3c's and it worked great. For a while. Then started leaking air out of the head faster than I could pump it in. Two pumps and another smarthead replacement later, I've determined that it's a great idea but poor execution.

I want a pump that's reliable, and can pump up a Hed 3c without an adapter. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a tire pump you like [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't need no fancy pump. I've used this budget Beto pump for years. It's never let me down.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a tire pump you like [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Specialized Airtool Comp is about $40, has lasted for a long time, and will fill up any tire I've run into. At Ironman Kansas, I also left with someone else's pump because I counted about 15 in transition (luckily, someone slapped a sticker on mine about a year ago).
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a tire pump you like [persondude27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a silca with the new style lever head, it works well, though you may also need to get the disk wheel adapter. My old silca goes back to 1985 and has worked well, the new one has a lot more plastic parts and feels kind of cheap when I use it, which concerns me.

The silca is a good pump, but there are other new pumps that may well be better.
Quote Reply