Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear tire clearance P2 with 25s
Quote | Reply
Is this tire clearance too small? I have not adjust the rear dropout screws if necessary. But wondering what STers think

Quote Reply
Re: Rear tire clearance P2 with 25s [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike, I moved the set screws back with the 25c larger tires because even with a small gap little stones will be picked up and scratch their way to ejection at the BB. I would give it a little more room.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear tire clearance P2 with 25s [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably a good idea. It caught my eye after last ride,which was muddy, and there was a line of mud in the wheel well probably from crap catching on the tire and rubbing on that area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty tight. 3mm clearance is a good rule of thumb, for both chainstays (sides) and the seat tube. See if you can slide a 3mm allen key in there and use that as a guide. That looks more like <2mm but hard to tell without measuring.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear tire clearance P2 with 25s [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a good tip. I’ll try that
Quote Reply
Re: Rear tire clearance P2 with 25s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 25C, I have to move the screws almost all the way out. I have about 3-4mm clearance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 P2 and moved the dropout screws back a little to fit the 25mm tyres. Every once in a while I hear a rock go in there, but nothing major. Everything else works great
Quote Reply