Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear disc/60 up front- what's your spare tube valve length?
Quote | Reply
I previously had a 90/60 combo, and just carried a spare that was long enough for the 90. Should I just carry a tube with standard valve length (for the disc), along with an extender and little valve wrench thing (for the front, if necessary)?

Is this the simplest method, or am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Rear disc/60 up front- what's your spare tube valve length? [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest getting a valve length that is perfect fit for the shorter of the 2 wheels. Then, get a valve extender long enough to fit the other wheel.
For the flat kit, I use the thread on valve extenders, rather than the removable valve core version. I also have the extender already on the spare tube, because it is easier to remove than it is to install during a race.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Rear disc/60 up front- what's your spare tube valve length? [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 spare tubes, one with extender in place. A few years back I had two flats at Hits Kingston within a mile of each other- won't get fooled again.
Last edited by: SlowAmericano: Apr 2, 18 16:00
Quote Reply
Re: Rear disc/60 up front- what's your spare tube valve length? [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SlowAmericano wrote:
2 spare tubes, one with extender in place. A few years back I had two flats at Hits Kingston within a mile of each other- won't get fooled again.

Exactly what I do
Quote Reply
Re: Rear disc/60 up front- what's your spare tube valve length? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like I'd rather do shorter valve that will fit disc only. Then the other have the option to put a valve extender on. That way forbid you double flat same tire you're ok.
Quote Reply