Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab?
Quote | Reply
So i have an ism ps1.0, and like it. But rear bottle holder options seem limited. Xlab has the delta 425 which appears to work, but the bottle gets held rather low.

What solutions have you folks come up with? I am not keen on cutting off the racking tab, but i am not against drilling it.

https://www.tririg.com/...ce_Course&num=49

This seems non-ideal. I am thinking more in the realm of drilling the top bolt to the back of the saddle, and attaching the bottom to a mount that goes to the rails.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Sep 27, 19 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same saddle and also a Felt IA seatpost with my saddle slammed all the way forward so that really limited my options. I finally ended up with the XLAB Super Wing and that works perfectly. The only issue is the clamps aren't super tight around the saddle rails but it isn't much of an issue and can be remedied with some electrical tape

https://imgur.com/a/hqdoVQF
Last edited by: ldumaliang: Sep 27, 19 6:43
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on your bike. I cut the plastic piece of the racking tab then just used super glue to re-attach the fabric, so now the back is more like a traditional Saddle. That opens up rail-mounting options. If your bike has the Ritchey Seatpost system, then solutions like Profile RM10 & TriRig also work independently of the Saddle & will clear the back easily even with the racking tab.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Minoura SBH-300 and it fits on my Adamo really well. Its simple, has only 4 bolts and no other moving parts. You can put it on two ways to suit you. If you don't like the angle, you can probably heat and bend it.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [P McCatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P McCatty wrote:
It depends on your bike. I cut the plastic piece of the racking tab then just used super glue to re-attach the fabric, so now the back is more like a traditional Saddle. That opens up rail-mounting options. If your bike has the Ritchey Seatpost system, then solutions like Profile RM10 & TriRig also work independently of the Saddle & will clear the back easily even with the racking tab.

Felt ia, but i like your idea, and will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got an X-Lab Turbo Wing, works fine with my ISM saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Speedfil BTS solution... it has a double hinged arm that gets around that saddle bulge in the back

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use an Xlab flat wing with a PS1.0. It works well and the price is tough to beat.

https://xlab-usa.com/...t/162-flat-wing.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only carry one bottle behind my seat. I just zip tie a gorilla cage to the to the seat rails. Works fine on my all my ISMs (With or without the racking lip)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Top cap bottle cage mount for $10. Drilled hole and used bolt with nut to secure it to the saddle. Zip tie the bottom of the cage to the saddle rails. In the photo, it's actually zip tied to a go pro mount, which is zip tied to the saddle rails. I've had it mounted like this for about five years. Never launched a bottle.
Last edited by: Signal8: Sep 27, 19 20:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one of these, because I'm cheap, and its was cheap. To my surprise, it's built well, perfect design for two bottle cages, and clears the tab on my ISM. I liked it so much on my tri bike, I got one for my road bike.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is funny that you share that because i have the same one on my wife’s fat bike. I was eyeballing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
I only carry one bottle behind my seat. I just zip tie a gorilla cage to the to the seat rails. Works fine on my all my ISMs (With or without the racking lip)

I have done this with multiple setups. Simple, effective and no extra weight (and very cheap). Also minimises how far back you have to reach to grab your bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear bottle options for ism saddles with racking tab? [monsrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monsrider wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:

I have done this with multiple setups. Simple, effective and no extra weight (and very cheap). Also minimises how far back you have to reach to grab your bottle.

Yeah. I also like that I can quickly remove it for shorter races.

Even in IM I never want that many bottles in my bike. It does make it trickier for training rides, but I just plan a water stop every 2 hours or so
Quote Reply