Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear Light for Cervelo P5 2019
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for a rear light that would be suitable for a Cervelo P5 2019 TT bike,
First TT bike so the lights I currently use on my road bike wont fit & with the seat post being an aero shape I am struggling to see any lights that will fit for definite

Ideally looking for rechargeable & be suitable for day & night time use,

Thank in advance for any recommendations,
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Light for Cervelo P5 2019 [Brewin141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely no personal experience with the P5 but I've had a P2 for 10 years with the aero seatpost--I used a 'regular' rechargeable light and attached it to the 'frame' of my xlab behind the saddle water bottle holder--it worked well enough. Not sure if you are using some type of behind the saddle hydration or a saddle bag (at least in training) but most lights can attach to something like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this one: https://www.ebay.com/...1:g:Iu4AAOSwW9NcsA-x

Due to the silicone "rubber band" it fits aero seatposts. It's only 15 lumens. so it works fine a dusk/night, but isn't bright enough for daylight.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Lezyn Strip Drive should work. It is shaped to work with aero posts and has a long rubber band to attach the light to the post.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Knog lights! They attach with elastic bands, and I had no trouble putting one on my Shiv's aeropost (I attached 2 sized bands together).
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Light for Cervelo P5 2019 [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Cateye Rapid X It mounts on the seatstay with a rubber band. On my road and TT bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brewin141 wrote:
Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for a rear light that would be suitable for a Cervelo P5 2019 TT bike,
First TT bike so the lights I currently use on my road bike wont fit & with the seat post being an aero shape I am struggling to see any lights that will fit for definite

Ideally looking for rechargeable & be suitable for day & night time use,

Thank in advance for any recommendations,

I've used several from the various taillight manufacturers. I just recently ran across a new one from Niterider the Sentry Aero 260 and have found it works great with aero seatposts. The light comes with a longer rubber strap that allows mounting on an aero post. It outputs up to 260 lumens and the sideways lighting really makes it stand out. https://www.niterider.com/...088-sentry-aero-260/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Bontrager R-Fare on the seat post at two Serfas Thunderbolts on the seat stays. I also have a Bontrager Ion in front. This combo gives me high flash in the daytime and the battery life is great and USB rechargeable. I use them every (non-race) ride . . . it is just like putting on my seat belt.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Comet-X Pro.
What I have done is used a small loop of bungee/shock cord to create a loop wide enough to fit around an aero seat post. (I had some lying around from my dive gear, but easy enough to source)
I am currently using it on my P5, but I did it on my Felt IA4 without any issue.

(Sorry for bad pic, can get some better ones when I get home from work if you want)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin varia radar and keep an eye on the traffic behind you. Been using this for years. The latest iteration will last for a 5+hr ride with the radar active. Nice mount for TT seat posts
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Light for Cervelo P5 2019 [GZMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GZMAN wrote:
Garmin varia radar and keep an eye on the traffic behind you. Been using this for years. The latest iteration will last for a 5+hr ride with the radar active. Nice mount for TT seat posts

+1

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you need a rear bottle cage holder, the kind that attaches to the seat? If so, I use an XLab Super Wing and then attach lights to the back of that. This cage has several holes on the back surface so that you can screw in any kind of mount you need.

I run a Garmin Varia radar light, so I installed one of these onto the cage to hold the light: https://www.amazon.com/...le?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I sometimes run a Trek Bontrager Flare R light (great light BTW), and used this to hold the light onto the cage: https://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/...mgQ50hRoCLqgQAvD_BwE

My XLab cage can hold both of the above lights at the same time, if I wanted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lookup Bup Labs and see if any of his mounts suit your needs. I've got one that attaches to a Fizik saddle that I really like but now there are some new more universal models and a few more saddle model specific options too. Good operation to do business with too, in my experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use one by Apace Vision, about $17 on Amazon, 100 lumens, lasts about 45 hour before recharge, uses bands for attachment. Works great on my Shiv.
Quote Reply