Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Really strange problem experienced while cycling and running
Quote | Reply
I've started having very strange issues when cycling and running, namely my hands, toes and feet (to some extent) get tingly or go numb after about 40 minutes of either running or cycling. This is really affecting my ability to do both of these things, which is upsetting, especially cycling since control of the bike handlebar is very important and sometimes I have to stop to let the numbness subside before starting up again. I don't have any other medical issues and have been to multiple doctors to figure this issue out, but no diagnoses have been made. I went to a Sports Doctor and this guy was stumped. He also looked at both my running and cycling shoes and that guy found nothing. The weather has nothing to do with it and I get this even on the hottest days in the summer.

wondering if anyone on here has had this (not with just cold weather, obviously) and if so what causes it.
Quote Reply
Re: Really strange problem experienced while cycling and running [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen a chiropractor?
Quote Reply
Re: Really strange problem experienced while cycling and running [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet - but have been to a PT on the suggestion of the Sport Doctor who said doing some "neuro-muscular" stretching might help (even though he couldn't diagnose it). I'm just getting into that now. I will consider the the Chiro as well if this doesn't help.
Quote Reply
Re: Really strange problem experienced while cycling and running [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this quite severe, over 30 years ago, in my hands only. Medical doctors couldn’t figure out shit. Chiropractor fixed it. Long story short, the squat bar in the gym was causing spinal compression at the base of my neck. This was cutting off nerve impulses to my hands. Running/cycling and other weightlifting moves really aggravated it. About 6 months of chiro, and no more straight bar squatting in the gym, and I was good to go. I’ve never been back to the chiro, and the numbness has never returned.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply