Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Really? You rode THAT in this BIKE TOWN??!?
Quote | Reply
Since I couldn't go to the pools yesterday, because those were closed for the holiday, and because the park rangers were going to be out early on the lake, I took 140hound for a hike. I had lunch when I got home, took a nap, then woke up to take a leisurely ride on my commuter bike. It was a beautiful day, and I planned to stay ahead of the rain clouds. Also, I wanted to get a bit of a cycling kit tan, so I can fit in better with the triathletes in this town...

...this town, which is one of the most bike-friendly towns I've ever seen, and which has a ton of very fit cyclists and triathletes. There are bike lanes everywhere, and great trails as well. There's even a famous brewery that brews a famous bike-themed beer...

So, why did I see a couple riding ELLIPTIGO's??!?! Really??!! I don't get it. At all. WHY??! Can anyone provide a legit reason?! Where did they get those? I'm having a hard time believing the LBS's here would even carry those for sale or hire.

Still SMH. Wow.
Quote Reply
Re: Really? You rode THAT in this BIKE TOWN??!? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every person that has bought one from my store uses it to replace running. They were avid runners their whole life and something happened to their knees or ankles and can not take the impact anymore and as a replacement they find the ElliptiGo's are a good option. Why they don't look into bikes I a not sure but it makes them happy and fills the void they had. My experience with them at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to google ELLIPTIGO to see what you were talking about. Not my cup of tea, but at least they're not in a car.

I see on their website that they sell a couple versions of the Kinetic Rock & Roll Smart Trainer, so you could Elliptigo indoors, too. Looking forward to seeing them in Zwift :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't understand what the problem is, or what the location and it's affinity for bikes has to do with it.
Why should they not use an Elliptigo? I don't think I'd like one myself but I can't see anything fundamentally objectionable about them.
Can you explain why they shouldn't ride THAT in THAT TOWN?

I do triathlons, but I mostly cycle.
I really enjoy cycling and it keeps me pretty healthy.
When someone who doesn't appreciate that criticises cyclists on the basis they're wannabe pros, or ridicules the appearance of cyclists in their stupid lycra outfits, or says we should get off the roads because they're for cars - I ignore them.

I have a hard time seeing how your apparent criticism of people using these is much different. Perhaps it is, but I'm not seeing it.
Quote Reply