Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Real Triathlon #3 - 70.3 results and "race-ial" observation
Quote | Reply

Yes this run split is real. We held another tri - 40 people total. Many relay teams came out, 2/3 people DQ because they didnt follow instructions. Regardless, this is run split of 2nd fastest relay team, with finished time of 4:21
relay team 1: 30 - 2:29 - 1:20 - total 4:20
relay team 2: 33 - 2:24 - 1:12 - total 4:21 (biker - runner miscommunication lost time)
solo 1: 29 - 2:23 - 1:40 - total 4:37
solo 2: 31 - 3:02 - 1:43 - total 5:24
solo 3: 43 - 3:16 - 1:43 - total 5:54
and yes, we all were adult and able to social distance, some people even wore masks in transition area

Now the racial observation, since we had that other cycling is whitest sport thread. Seems a large race of people ignore that is considered minority in USA is the chinese. The 2/3 people that were DQ'ed was a big chinese team (mostly relay), simply because they didnt want to follow the rules of relay order. They wanted all swimmers,bikers,runners to go at the same time so they can finish at the same time. They also were a bit outside transition area. Basically is they tend to stay within their own folk. I have noticed this in college too when I had a chinese roommates, who I would always invite to activities yet they avoided and only gathered with other chinese folk. We can come up with many assumptions on why this happens, but I dont want to start a debate. This is one demographic that seemly is difficult to attract into the sport, but for sure wanda's Strength in sport in China is growing their interest
Last edited by: synthetic: Jun 29, 20 11:34
Quote Reply