Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good?
Quote | Reply
I have a computrainer and noticed that CT is having a sale on their real course videos. Are they any good? Do they automatically adjust resistance on hills like the 3D cycling? Do you think…or know of…something else they are coming out with which would cause them to liquidate their inventory at 60% off?
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they automatically adjust resistance as determined by course (when set-up and registered properly - important).

I have 3 and use them only occasionally. They are much like the other 3D courses, only with real footage, riders, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im wondering the same thing...as to why they are suddenly dumping their 100$ videos at that markdown

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got one free with my computrainer, it seemed kind of dorky and boring. I personally think getting fitter as a cyclist in general using the ergo mode will pay more dividends than getting practice riding a particular course. A watts a watt as they say.

I think some people really find them enjoyable. I suspect you could find a free one pretty easy, they were giving them away w/ ct's for a while if I recall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use one RCV and I like it when I'm planning a tempo ride or I'm late into the winter season and I'm getting a little desperate for some scenery while I ride. I can see the value of pre-riding the course but none of them are events that I plan on doing. I'm glad to see the reduced price because they have always seemed a tad pricey to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Erg Videos are a pretty fun training tool, I used a bunch of those and was able to design custom workouts. They are very worthwhile.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the real value of RCV is preparing for a particular race and getting familiar with the course. You can gather only so much from a map or riding around in your car the day before the race. We prepped for IMAZ by riding the RCV and it really helped in planning aid stations, corners, and wind angles. That said, some of the RCV are outdated and no longer applicable (IMCA most notably as the course has changed venues), and some are just plain poor production (Kona comes to mind). But at that price, it's worth it if you have a particular race in mind and the RCV is available for that course.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Called them. They did not renew their license as "The official bike trainer of Ironman"….therefore they have to liquidate Ironman related material. Said WTC wanted too much money to renew.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the AZ course video the current race course?
I don't know if the course changed at any point.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMAZ is pretty much spot on. There's a small stretch at the end of each loop that doesn't quite fit the video, but it's not enough to negate the positive aspect of knowing where the turns and aid stations are. I rode it with a small map to refer to, because it helps to get oriented N-S and such. That way, you will have an inherent sense of direction and can take into account any wind on the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the second long-term sponsor that's dropped by the wayside in lieu of deeper-pocketed alternatives. Sad...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the RCV for the original IM Canada to be invaluable. On race day it felt like I was riding my home course. I had thought about getting one for Kona but never got around to it.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are good in several ways:
- I can't seem to ride the 3D courses for any amount of time: just boring. I can ride the IRCV for hours, especially if other cyclists in the video. Some are shot in front of the pack, and these are more boring..
- Video peed goes with your speed on the trainer.. as well as resistance according to the terrain
- Others mentioned it: value is greatly increased if there's one matching a course you plan to race soon...
- I say it again: seems like I can train longer on the trainer watching real video... That's worth $$ :)

that being said, video quality is just so-so... and uneven from video to video.

Quality-wise, I think Erg Videos are a much better bang for your buck with High Def videos and some real nice climbs in Europe. Completely different philosophy here though: rather than riding a preset-course to your effort of choice, on ErgVideos you are riding a pre-set power profile (that you can adjust as far as toning it up or down) and the video is always 100% speed.

For the special price of IRCV right now, it's a good value. I ordered 6.. :)

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any experience with the Placid or Wisconsin videos? I'm considering picking those up since the sale is so good.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMLP is ok,but no riders with you = more boring...
Wisconsin is better...

Watch the previews to see which courses are filmed in the pack. These are usually better in my opinion. nYtri is short but good too.

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested in buying a new or used Wisconsin Ironman real video for my Compu trainer I just bought last Nov 14.
I'd also like to buy any other videos

Dan Hanson
1818 46th St
Moline IL 61265

309-269-3766
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [danielhhanson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have listed a few ironman real course videos for computrainer on e-bay. I do have, but did not list the Wisconsin ironman video in case you want to buy it directly from me. If anyone else would like to buy one of these directly from me instead of through e-bay I can pull the listing and sell them a little cheaper since I wouldn't have to pay the commission to e-bay. reply here or send a question about the item on one of the auctions, or e-mail me if you are interested. - jakp@juno.com
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [jakp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a bunch of RCV and the ones that place you in the "pack" of other riders is more interesting than riding solo as in Lake Placid.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Lake Tahoe one. (Maybe because I am in it. :) )

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I both enjoy doing them. I have three: a) The NYC tri that came with the CT, as well as B) IMC and C) Kona - that were gifts. The Kona one saved us a lot of $ & heartache, since, after doing the course on the CT I have v. little incentive to do such a miserable and windy course in real life. The IMC (which is now Challenge Pentic) is quite good, as it puts you in the pack of an athlete coming out of the water in about 1:20 - VERY middle of the pack with LOTS of visual stimulation.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [jakp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the Wisconsin Real Course Video?
I would really like to buy it.
Dan Hanson
309 269 3766
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. Used Kona RCV during the winter months to prep for Honu 70.3. The biggest advantage was that I was able to strategically plan how to attack the bike course. Knowing where the key grades started and how long they were a big advantage....when I rode by the 7 Miles to Hawi sign, which you see on the video, made me feel like I had been there many times before. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [Runout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A pitty that they haven't opened the videos to for example Kickr and other high end trainers.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liquidation or time limited sale?
Quote Reply
Re: Real Course Videos For Computrainer…any good? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone want to trade Coeur D'Aene for Kona or Boulder (not sure on Boulder if there is 70.3 video?)
Quote Reply

Prev Next