Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reactive Hypoglycemia / Dumping Syndrome - Anyone?
Quote | Reply
Optimistic plea for help but does anyone have the above symptoms either following some form of stomach surgery, or other reason?

It's been a long journey but I think i'm finally getting to the cause of my nausea/hypoglycemia/DNF causing stage (having struggled with this for about 7 years).

I struggle to come across anyone who has used Acarbose or any other drug however who competes in any endurance exercise.

If there is anyone out there who can add any advice I'd love to hear from you.

I appear to have early as well as late dumping syndrome (never any diarrhea) but all kinds of issues with stomach pain during Tri/running/cycling events when trying to eat. Nausea/pale skin/hypoglycemia/immense fatigue etc etc.

Love to hear from you.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Reactive Hypoglycemia / Dumping Syndrome - Anyone? [zaskar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you talked to an endocrinologist about this?
Quote Reply
Re: Reactive Hypoglycemia / Dumping Syndrome - Anyone? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Unfortunately only briefly based on my location. Generally...oddly. few seem to be engaged by the issue. They all push me to nutritionists...but nutritionists, v good ones....have not solved the problem.

I live quite remotely so unfortunately havent had access to people I may normally have access to in the UK.

Its been an issue for years.

If interested/helpful. Endoscopy revealed nothing. Drugs like domperidone ethromicin etc haven't helped.

Reactive hypo comfirmed while fasting and having a hospital test for OGTT. 2.8mmols at 1.5 hours.

Use a CGM and show reactive hypo regularly of eating simple carbs.

Amazingly had almost instant hypo to taking isomoltulose while cycling.

Hopefully ill lockdown an endocrinologist soon but if anyone has any experience in the area I'd love to hear from you.
Quote Reply