Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
For you guys on the small frame, what is your pad reach (Horizontal distance from center of BB to center of middle of your aerobar pads) and what length stem are you using? I currently ride a 51cm P2 and trying to figure out if a small will fit me length wise.

Thanks,

Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, the stack and reach in the chart is frame stack and reach. I was acquiring about pad reach which is a different measurement.

Jamaican wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
For you guys on the small frame, what is your pad reach (Horizontal distance from center of BB to center of middle of your aerobar pads) and what length stem are you using? I currently ride a 51cm P2 and trying to figure out if a small will fit me length wise.

Thanks,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have the pad x/y of your current bike, it should be fairly straightforward to find out whether or not the small would fit you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Thanks, the stack and reach in the chart is frame stack and reach. I was acquiring about pad reach which is a different measurement.

Well take the frame reach and add in the stem length and distance from the pads to the stem, that will give you the pad "reach".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As other have said, the mesurement you need is the frame stack and reach. Then, it become easy to see if you will be able to reproduce your p2 fit.

in this case, Dimond as 40.5 reach your old p2 as the same identical reach 40.5. So for the same given stem and bar/aerobar...you will have a identical reach.

if you have the new p2.... your reach would be 39.7 so you would need a stem 1 cm shorter on the dimond to have the same exact reach.

does this help?

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made an insert out of foam that fits inside the beam and hold the regular size Di2 battery.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [markreith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you order your frame with bottle bosses drilled into the beam or how did you mount that bento?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you compensate for any stem rise taking off length from the stem length measurement?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Do you compensate for any stem rise taking off length from the stem length measurement?

If you need to do stem math, this is super handy:

http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/stem.php

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the Dimond folks drill bosses for the bento. Works out well.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seiken wrote:
So does the Dimond beam have any shock absorption to it like the Softrides did? or does it just look awesome?

Ben gave a good reply, but the easiest rule of thumb is that it basically "feels" like an extra 2mm of tire width (with appropriately lower pressure). So if you run 23mm @ 105-110psi, it will feel like 25mm @ 95-100psi.

The flex in terms of mm is nice to know, but most people (IME) have a hard time conceptualizing that actually means.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deflection of a beam is actually pretty easy to calculate and even easier in FEA given the force applied. Manufacturers have tons of data to show forces experienced while riding across various terrains - just slap an accelerometer on and hit an Indiana winter pothole at full speed and you've got it.

Quote | Reply
I have been wanting to post this for a while but just too busy/lazy. I saw this thread and got inspired. I LOVE this bike.

BUILD:
Di2 11 speed
Zipp Vuka
Zipp 808 Tubular
Ceramic bearings wheels and pulleys
Rotor cranks and Q rings
power 2 max meter
garmin 510
look carbon keo

L Train
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waitebe wrote:
This small Dimond has a 69.5cm seat height.

So if I want to ride 68 cm saddle height at 140 lbs, I'd set it up around 68.5 cm, which means I would not to cut around 1 cm off the seat post carbon which I assume can be done easily with a hacksaw. Reach is only 1 cm longer than my P3, so 1 cm shorter stem takes care of that.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

So if I want to ride 68 cm saddle height at 140 lbs, I'd set it up around 68.5 cm, which means I would not to cut around 1 cm off the seat post carbon which I assume can be done easily with a hacksaw. Reach is only 1 cm longer than my P3, so 1 cm shorter stem takes care of that.

I'm kind of in a similar boat. I'm on a small Shiv with the aerostem set at 65mm. The reach on the Dimond is 2cm longer, but no one makes a 65mm stem. The Zipp Vuka Stealth, or Pro Missile Evo seem to be the best choice. I really like the Tririg Alpha, but I don't know if I can get the pads back far enough to match my current pad reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at MTB stems

Consider just leaving the pads as far back as you can get them and shortening the extensions. Position is where you want it, pads just sit farther forward on your arms.

Sometimes this works fine. Just depends on you. You could experiment with it by moving your current pads forward and see how it feels.

IronSnowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

I'm kind of in a similar boat. I'm on a small Shiv with the aerostem set at 65mm. The reach on the Dimond is 2cm longer, but no one makes a 65mm stem. The Zipp Vuka Stealth, or Pro Missile Evo seem to be the best choice. I really like the Tririg Alpha, but I don't know if I can get the pads back far enough to match my current pad reach.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
karl_a_hall wrote:

SRAM Design Engineer

Nice Brakes. Are they SRAM?

Better question - what size big ring is that?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks jackmott. Here is what I'm planning for my build after talking with my fitter last night

Small Dimond frame
Vuka Stealth bars (short)
Magura RT8 TT brakes
R671 Shifters
6880 FD & RD
808s with a disc out back when allowed

And I'll be sitting atop my beloved Dash TT9 saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Don't forget to account for pedaling forces. You're not going to apply 140lbs to the saddle when you're putting out 100 lbs of force on the pedal.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And your body weight being supported by your front end...

Quote | Reply
While I'm waiting for my frame to be delivered, I've been thinking about nutrition storage. Since my stem will be slammed I don't want to mount a bento on the top of the beam as this seems like it would be just sitting up there for the wind to catch. So here is what I'm thinking so far for a 140.6:

X-lab torpedo for BTA hydration
X-Lab 400i with 2 cages and a mini bag to hold spare tube, levers, ect.
Salt sticks in the bar ends

This leaves me wondering where to put my Bonk Breakers. If I carry the BTA and two bottles on the back of the saddle, I'll only need one water stop (unless it's extremely hot) if I can figure out how to carry the three bars I'll need to get me to a water stop at about the three hour mark. My current thought is to use one of Glen Alden's computer mounts behind the torpedo with the bars taped to it vertically. I'll have to tape each bar separately so I can remove one at a time, but it should work.

Any one else have an idea?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many Bentos are low enough that even with a slammed stem they won't show. Seems to me like a two-bottle rear setup might be less aero than the top of a bento peeking over the stem.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
durk onion wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Don't forget to account for pedaling forces. You're not going to apply 140lbs to the saddle when you're putting out 100 lbs of force on the pedal.

That's a good point...I guess my saddle height is effectively higher at 260W than at 180W !!! So you need a lower saddle height for sprint tris!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with tessartype. And since you plan on having a BTA also, the bento should see very little wind even if it does peek over the stem.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Saundo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a 55 tooth TT chain ring (we also call it it our Aero Chain Ring)... We make them in 53, 54, an 55.

-----------------------------
Full disclosure: Zwift, former Zipp and SRAM Design Engineer
Quote Reply

Prev Next