Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Email me -- ryan at slowtwitch dot com.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryan, I'd be willing, but could only do races at certain times - earlier in the morning or possibly afternoons due to my schedule as a teacher. Probably A or B.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in doing the B category. I could use a good bike focused block..
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot me a note at my slowtwitch dot com email (ryan at) with your Zwift email address. We'll slot you into A for giggles and if you can make it, great.

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [CMac90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Email me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emailed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be up for later seasons when the weather and daylight times shift. I'm mountain time, so I think its 1830 starts here which would fit my schedule if not exercising outside. Will race A or B. Currently a B in Zpower.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [erik+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erik+ wrote:
Might be up for later seasons when the weather and daylight times shift. I'm mountain time, so I think its 1830 starts here which would fit my schedule if not exercising outside. Will race A or B. Currently a B in Zpower.

More like 1745 start time for Mountain Time

Also, found out a bit more detail here re: the upcoming races. What's still unclear is how they are scoring things

https://zwiftinsider.com/...ague-route-schedule/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Also, found out a bit more detail here re: the upcoming races. What's still unclear is how they are scoring things

WTRL's own website appears to be down - at least for me - hopefully it'll all become clear once it's back up.

There appears to be lots of intermediate points. Our first race will be at Richmond, with 8 sprint lines, plus the finish line all in just 32.4K (for A and B). That's going to make it very much like a track points race. And make it very tactical. Not at all conducive to TT/tri steady-state power. Teams could send sacrificial sprinters to get the early points without caring much about getting back on. Having full numbers would be very important for being competitive - a lone wolf sprinter just sitting in until the end may not work out well (depending on who the points work when the site is back up).

Will likely need Discord or Zoom to coordinate what's going on during the race. Because with 9 sprint lines, any pre-race plan is likely to go to crap at first contact...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope they reveal the point tallies at check sprint point. May or may not be worth it to go for them.

In reality, f*** points races, man. I just can't handle those.

Also, good idea on the discord.

One other thing, they are doing a shyte job of presenting the results and standings. I took a look at the result from last week's race. Supposedly quite a few intermediate sprints, but I don't see any indication of bonuses given or points awarded. Just odd... Maybe the actual WTRL website has that info? Though I certainly couldn't find it on its mess of a website...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cat C here willing to join. Got the email from Zwift but didn't know exactly what to do about a team. Website looks like it's down still so I can't see start times though.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [jond81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jond81 wrote:
Cat C here willing to join. Got the email from Zwift but didn't know exactly what to do about a team. Website looks like it's down still so I can't see start times though.

I cant figure out how to join either. But would love to get on a team. Hurt and cant ride outside for reminder to 2020.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Shoot me a note at my slowtwitch dot com email (ryan at) with your Zwift email address. We'll slot you into A for giggles and if you can make it, great.

Ryan, I'm realizing that races look like they will be at 7:45 PM - that really won't work for me with getting kids to bed.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. Hoping that they show some more love to us East Coasters with start times in the next series.

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just chiming in as an avid Zwift racer who's been doing these races.

Intermediate sprint / QOM results are NOT displayed in real time because they award points to the first 5 across each sprint finish line, not the actual fastest sprints. Each of those goes 5 deep - so if there is a small lead pack of 5 (unlikely), they will take all the sprint / KOM primes, even if someone farther back in the field takes the actual sprint out faster.

Final positions are then scored in descending order with the first 30 scoring "bonus" points - 40 points for 1st place, 35 for 2nd, 30 for 3rd, 27 for 4th, 26 for 5th, and downward. 30th place and below all get 1 point for finishing.

Then then add the final points and the sprint bonus points, rank the teams in that particular league, and award "Team" points for the week. 1st place team for the week gets 20 Team points, 2nd place team gets 19 Team points, and so on. THOSE are the points that carry week to week.

TTTs (every other week) are just scored based on team finish - 1st place gets 20, 2nd place gets 19, etc. No primes in those weeks.

This is a great league and WTRL is doing a phenomenal job with putting it together -- there are some kinks but an event this size is entirely unprecedented on Zwift.

If the Slowtwitch team ends up short on women or want to combine forces with another newer Zwift women's team that's mostly triathletes but is well established in this league and the Thursday TTT series, reach out to me as we've been making an effort to grow in this space and love having the triathlete angle.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [adnama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm game. C please. https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=656486

...and, if anyone can ever tell me why my avatar is such a piss poor bike handler on this silly game I would find it helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d be up for the D team.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [Sasquatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sasquatch wrote:

...and, if anyone can ever tell me why my avatar is such a piss poor bike handler on this silly game I would find it helpful.

Christ, yours and mine both. EVERY TIME I get sticky drafted onto somebody soft pedaling, etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:

Christ, yours and mine both. EVERY TIME I get sticky drafted onto somebody soft pedaling, etc.

That aspect of the sticky draft is the worst. Ugh...

Btw, how do we add team names to our zwiftpower profiles? And when do we get invites to the events?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got our teams registered today: men's A, B, and C. If we get more interest, we'll be able to add a men's D and a women's D.

On ZwiftPower, I created a Slowtwitch.com team. Feel free to add it. In addition -- I just add Slowtwitch.com to my last name on my Zwift user account. Feel free to do so -- particularly for the purposes of ID'ing you in a race!

As soon as I get invitations for the races, they will be extended.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d be in for B. Thanks for setting it up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sent a PM yesterday, i'm up for east coast A's
josh
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Racing League -- Call for Slowtwitch.com Team Members [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got added to the list. I’ll have Doug and Rob send out emails on Friday once we get everybody dialed in.

Quote Reply

Prev Next