Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

Ha normally I try to stay out of these things but those pics are pretty "sweet".

That said, while we all enjoy having our suspicions of "everyone else is cheating but me!" validated, if I really knew this person I'd have probably started by shooting them directly and only gone the public shaming route if I received some sort of "so what, deal with it!" or other appropriately dismissive response.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tgarson] [ In reply to ]

Ha normally I try to stay out of these things but those pics are pretty "sweet".

That said, while we all enjoy having our suspicions of "everyone else is cheating but me!" validated, if I really knew this person I'd have probably started by shooting them directly and only gone the public shaming route if I received some sort of "so what, deal with it!" or other appropriately dismissive response.

well this woman has blocked me on FB and when my speedy friend contacted her via text to congratulate her the response was a single smiley emoticon. that is unbalanced. so yes I'd say that was a discreet who gives a crap/deal with it. I realize AG awards aren't a big deal to some but heck they are to me.
Last edited by: tankinisusanne: Nov 2, 15 15:39

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]

You don't really believe that based on everything that's been presented do you? Zero place for cheaters......

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Patman99] [ In reply to ]

Patman99 wrote:
You don't really believe that based on everything that's been presented do you? Zero place for cheaters......

no I don't Patman. this is so very wrong. its pretty damn demented and soap opera-ish actually

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

tankinisusanne wrote:
So if anyone knows anyone involved in the inner workings of the Rock n Roll I'd kill for a decent contact email or phone number so that I can pursue this. Bare minimum my friend deserves her appropriate AG placement. It sounds petty but I almost barfed up a lung for a 1:29 on that course. No way no how will I let someone get it through using a man as her runner.

http://www.runrocknroll.com/contact/corrections/

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]

Titanflexr wrote:
tankinisusanne wrote:
So if anyone knows anyone involved in the inner workings of the Rock n Roll I'd kill for a decent contact email or phone number so that I can pursue this. Bare minimum my friend deserves her appropriate AG placement. It sounds petty but I almost barfed up a lung for a 1:29 on that course. No way no how will I let someone get it through using a man as her runner.

http://www.runrocknroll.com/contact/corrections/

Literally just checked my inbox and they said they are reviewing the correction. Re emailed with all the pics of other races where a dude is running for her to see if I can get them to stop her racing

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [sjn] [ In reply to ]

RnR and pretty much all other marathons do not allow bib swaps for a number of reasons. This being one of them. The interesting thing is that this guy is mugging for the camera, so I am pretty sure after seeing a few photos your ex-coach will not be allowed to register for RnR at all...its actually a pretty big liability for them. He is actually a "trespasser" and is afforded some protections but can sue if he gets hurt, so race organizers strongly "frown" upon this. I find it strange that they've done this a few times, as a coach, I could see training someone who had a problem like missing bib pick up then giving them yours instead. But that doesn't happen over and over. And how does no one at the finish line catch on

Apparently she has all sorts of sponsors listed on her facebook page... You might contact them too with this evidence.

And.... look at her "how awesome I am" post....

https://www.facebook.com/...ntha.sweet.5?fref=nf

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
Apparently she has all sorts of sponsors listed on her facebook page... You might contact them too with this evidence.

I can't see it I'm blocked. hahaha. Yeah uh she's a rep for Altra.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Craig P] [ In reply to ]

Craig P wrote:
RnR and pretty much all other marathons do not allow bib swaps for a number of reasons. This being one of them. The interesting thing is that this guy is mugging for the camera, so I am pretty sure after seeing a few photos your ex-coach will not be allowed to register for RnR at all...its actually a pretty big liability for them. He is actually a "trespasser" and is afforded some protections but can sue if he gets hurt, so race organizers strongly "frown" upon this. I find it strange that they've done this a few times, as a coach, I could see training someone who had a problem like missing bib pick up then giving them yours instead. But that doesn't happen over and over. And how does no one at the finish line catch on

How could someone give a dude her bib when she KNEW he was in contention for AG awards. Crazy runners look at that cr*p.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Craig P] [ In reply to ]

she's already saved a ton of money by not buying race photos.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [sjn] [ In reply to ]

sjn wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the bib# be 'registered' to a F45-49 and the photos in this case would be pretty clear proof that someone else ran in her place? Wouldn't this be a quick DQ, especially if the race doesn't permit bib swapping?

Funny you say that bc I was just going to comment. I ran R&R philly this weekend and bibs were by projected finishing times in corrals from 1-34 with roughly 1,000 runners per corral. Male/female was not relevant.

Now the fun part. I was projected to run 1:45 and was in corral 14. This person with a bib in the 17,000's would have been a 2:00 projected finish.

Pretty damn good day if you ask me, cutting 25% off of your projected finishing time. Legs must have felt great to run 2:15/mi faster than you planned too......

on facebook she is saying it's her friend Elvis, and not her.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [integrator] [ In reply to ]

integrator wrote:

maybe Elvis is a wacky friend playing a joke on her, yeah. that's it.

do that thing.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

Gosh, her friends are soooo silly. Who would of thought?

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [integrator] [ In reply to ]

integrator wrote:

can I know the date and time of this FB post?

I pace several marathons every year and last year my girlfriend ran a HM on the same day/course I was pacing. I picked up both our bibs and we got them mixed up in the morning without noticing. Later that day she looks up her results and she is 3rd overall female with a new PR. She doesn't run with a watch, but she knows her pace enough to know she didn't run a PR.

I looked up my result and we put it together and immediately thought oh sh$% and about the awards. This happen despite the races starting 1:45 apart and me missing the first 2 timing mats for the half. The results would have stuck and this was a fairly big marathon. I know the RD and we contacted him and they made the correction and actually were able to correct the times once they knew the bib numbers.

I would have never believed that someone would do this intentionally, let alone get away with it, but according to the RD it happens every year with an equal and significant amount of intentional bib swapping, bib selling/giving away, and unintentional mix-ups.

Does make me wonder how much of this happens beyond the blatant stooges exposed here.

Regardless of AG or elite it does matter.

just moments ago actually.

do that thing.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

she just deleted our comments....

Elvis has left the building?

do that thing.

Wow, I knew this woman 7-8 years ago. Have to say that is a pretty dumb move on her part. Heard that she reps for a shoe company at all of the RNR races and she is a COACH!!!!!????? Guess anyone can be a coach........

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com

tankinisusanne wrote:
Here's the story. I have been racing 6 years. I have used coaches the last 3 years.

My first coach was good. It was husband and wife team I progressed and Pr'd in running and tris. I have a hearty virtual life haha and had come across the couple on the internet. They were good enough that I recommended them to several people. One friend who was solely a runner, wanted to work on her HM and Marathon times and hired them for a few months. After struggling for a bit my friend stopped using them. Fine it was a bad fit. No big deal. After 2 years and some strange circumstances I decided to part ways with them and did so amicably. That was a year ago.

Come to find out my fast friend ran a large branded HM yesterday. She ran a respectable 1:30:** for I believe 3rd in her AG. Winning the AG was our old coach running a 1:29:**. Without even looking at photos or results I knew that short of a miracle that this was not physically possible. In looking at the race photos you can in fact see that the person wearing my old coaches bib is a man.

With a brief amount of google searching I came up with 4 other races in the same branded race series where my old coach, a woman in the 45-49 AG gave her bib to the same bearded guy who would proceed to run a medium smokin time in the 1:30s. The guy would in fact mug for the camera showing off his finishers medal.

So what I was to know is why would someone do this? This woman is a coach. She took an AG award from someone she previously coached. The myriad of pictures of some bearded guy running as her are so damn blatant I don't know how in the name of god she wasn't caught before.

I work hard and train my ass off and on a good day run under 1:30:** for a half and usually earn every mile dammit. The fact that this woman knowingly blew up the 45-49 AG using a man blows my mind.

Am I overreacting? God at this point I don't care. The question is how much shouting will I do to make sure it is known she cheats. With a smile no less.

Did the guy with the beard actually go up and accept the women's 45-49 AG award??? If so, it would seem that it was pretty obvious that he was was not a woman. Or, did your former coach go up and accept the award, but the winning time was run by bearded guy???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]

oh god no. at these big races you go home and they send them to you. I had great race at Philly half 2 years ago won my AG walked back to the car and got the medal 3 weeks later in the mail

ericmulk wrote:
tankinisusanne wrote:
Here's the story. I have been racing 6 years. I have used coaches the last 3 years.

My first coach was good. It was husband and wife team I progressed and Pr'd in running and tris. I have a hearty virtual life haha and had come across the couple on the internet. They were good enough that I recommended them to several people. One friend who was solely a runner, wanted to work on her HM and Marathon times and hired them for a few months. After struggling for a bit my friend stopped using them. Fine it was a bad fit. No big deal. After 2 years and some strange circumstances I decided to part ways with them and did so amicably. That was a year ago.

Come to find out my fast friend ran a large branded HM yesterday. She ran a respectable 1:30:** for I believe 3rd in her AG. Winning the AG was our old coach running a 1:29:**. Without even looking at photos or results I knew that short of a miracle that this was not physically possible. In looking at the race photos you can in fact see that the person wearing my old coaches bib is a man.

With a brief amount of google searching I came up with 4 other races in the same branded race series where my old coach, a woman in the 45-49 AG gave her bib to the same bearded guy who would proceed to run a medium smokin time in the 1:30s. The guy would in fact mug for the camera showing off his finishers medal.

So what I was to know is why would someone do this? This woman is a coach. She took an AG award from someone she previously coached. The myriad of pictures of some bearded guy running as her are so damn blatant I don't know how in the name of god she wasn't caught before.

I work hard and train my ass off and on a good day run under 1:30:** for a half and usually earn every mile dammit. The fact that this woman knowingly blew up the 45-49 AG using a man blows my mind.

Am I overreacting? God at this point I don't care. The question is how much shouting will I do to make sure it is known she cheats. With a smile no less.

Did the guy with the beard actually go up and accept the women's 45-49 AG award??? If so, it would seem that it was pretty obvious that he was was not a woman. Or, did your former coach go up and accept the award, but the winning time was run by bearded guy???

oh god no. at these big races you go home and they send them to you. I had great race at Philly half 2 years ago won my AG walked back to the car and got the medal 3 weeks later in the mail.

Ah, now I see. Guess I've just never done a race that big. Even the one 2000-person tri I've done had the awards the next day at lunch. I mostly do triathlons with under 1000 entries, plus the occasional running race and masters swim meets with similar numbers, and often more like 150-200 at the swim meets, except for the national champ meets.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."

tankinisusanne wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

I can't see it I'm blocked. hahaha. Yeah uh she's a rep for Altra.

O, boo hoo. Looks like I am persona non grata now as well. All I did
was clue her in that some dude was racing under her name.

do that thing.

Prev Next