Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy on Felt. On her husband Reece's Instagram you can see a picture from the back on the bike:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ3B6GGB438/

If you zoom in on your phone, you can recognize the V on the back of the seat post, which is similar to the one on the new Felt AR disc and the seatstays also seem to match from the rear view.

https://www.triathlon365.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Felt_AR_Studio_Gallery_08_1024x1024.png
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trend on the LC post is it is a Giant... I can't tell either way though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Lucy on Felt. On her husband Reece's Instagram you can see a picture from the back on the bike:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ3B6GGB438/

If you zoom in on your phone, you can recognize the V on the back of the seat post, which is similar to the one on the new Felt AR disc and the seatstays also seem to match from the rear view.

https://www.triathlon365.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Felt_AR_Studio_Gallery_08_1024x1024.png

sure, except it's nothing like the AR.

looks like she's on a Tarmac SL7. seatstays attach in the right spot to be a Tarmac, and they have that little flare out where they attach.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fresh79 wrote:
Trend on the LC post is it is a Giant... I can't tell either way though

Reese is on an old Giant Propel

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can tell she's on a modern aero bike with disc brakes and seemingly integrated cabling (though could just be well hidden!)

narrows it down I know haha
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that it may be the new scott foil
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both, Reece and Lucy are using their old bikes. Reece has his 2015 Giant Propel and Lucy is riding her Tarmac with a black sticker on the brands name. Just like she did with the Boardmen. Seems like they didn´t get their new bikes yet. I don´t think that they couldn´t find a new sponsor yet. But it could be possible that they weren´t able to produce it yet due to corona. Tells me that it can´t be a Canyon (Thank God) since all Canyon send already plenty of their bikes to everyone who wanted some. So they don´t seem to have any supply bottleneck.

I first guess would be Scott. But I wish it would be Trek as they hopefully seek for new athletes to show their new SC :)
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is this mention of a new Trek SC wishful thinking, speculation, or known to be true...?
Just asking because i would love for it to be true!
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KYRxTri wrote:
is this mention of a new Trek SC wishful thinking, speculation, or known to be true...?
I’m pretty certain there is a new one coming. The grapevine has been muttering about it, just not sure when.

Hopefully Lucy isn’t on a Canyon. Trek/Scott or even better Cervelo please..!.!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
KYRxTri wrote:
I’m pretty certain there is a new one coming. The grapevine has been muttering about it, just not sure when.

The grapevine has muttering about it for a solid 3+ years. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can assure you there is no new SC coming this season, probably not ever.....

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:

I haven't kept up with this whole thread, but I'm fairly certain no one has yet named the bike I believe she'll be riding. Though, mine is just an educated/informed guess. Not completely sure the deal went through.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooh spill the beans? Quintana Roo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really really hope it's not ventum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
BayDad wrote:

I haven't kept up with this whole thread, but I'm fairly certain no one has yet named the bike I believe she'll be riding. Though, mine is just an educated/informed guess. Not completely sure the deal went through.

Hmm. Do Jeroen and the other guys at KU have enough money to get Lucy? If they were going to get a single athlete that will sell the most bikes, it's probably her.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
BayDad wrote:

New Plasma?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would just add that at present, Canyon have suspended all shipping to the UK due to Brexit, which may have held bikes up. There were also delays in early December due to Covid etc.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/blog-content/december-shipment-update.html
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen
Haha and I can assure you there is a new SC coming. Whether it’s called that still is another matter, but there is a new TT bike coming from Trek.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
BayDad wrote:

I’m still surprised Specialized and Lucy parted ways. They get heaps of coverage of her as she’s always first out onto the bike and at the front of the race until the run if not winning.

That same reasoning is also likely behind them picking up Josh. He’s always out first so again they’ll get lots of coverage.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha, I can also assure you that it is not a KĂş or they kept that a secret for me as well. But I must I would wish she was on a KĂş, that would have been awesome, but not gonna happen. At least not for now.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, let’s see who is right ;-) Can’t say more about my source, but I sure wish they would drop a new tri disc brake bike.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen
Haha and I can assure you there is a new SC coming. Whether it’s called that still is another matter, but there is a new TT bike coming from Trek.

I'm sure you can't spill any details, but can you share when you think the new trek TT is coming?
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing Kristians latest YouTube makes me question the speed of the Shiv, from what he said it seems like hes found a faster bike for him and it is enough to give up his potentially lucrative Specialized deal/Not renew it. Doesnt seem to be much bang for buck with the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [DinoBoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't read too much about the Shiv into this:

-His value is in ITU/Oly racing, so he'd be on a road bike. The new Tarmac is getting raves.

-We're near peak aero, so even the abomination (aesthetically) that is the Shiv Disc probably doesn't give up much/anything to other top offerings.

-This year's sponsor is always soooo much better than what I was riding last year.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
We're near peak aero, so even the abomination (aesthetically) that is the Shiv Disc probably doesn't give up much/anything to other top offerings.

The "peak aero" argument doesn't run both ways.

It's hard to make something much faster than a P5-6. But it's entirely possible to make something much slower
Quote Reply

Prev Next