Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too bad they're only selling XXS and XXL right now...

Jim@EROsports wrote:
Yep, everything Velotec seems to be testing fast. It's just great clothing, and very well made. How they're doing it for that price I don't know.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
good points and table
do you have a link for the full document by any chance

Reference is in post #100

Yes, in this case we really need CdA tested at different speed.

For a bike, or a "standard" suit, CdA is not dependent of speed.
For "boundary layer management" suits, such as Bioracer, Spider 2, PR, ... CdA is REALLY speed dependent.

A test with no mention of speed is worthless
A test with a speed above your real race pace is pretty much worthless (for you)
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the new Kiwami Spider 2

https://www.kiwamitri.com/spider-2-ld-aero-p/spid2lda.htm

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 1, 19 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking suit but....

Why, why, why doesn't every men's tri suit manufacturer not follow DeSoto's lead and use their own version of DeSoto's FliSuit feature?

It's such an obvious and simply brilliant feature.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Why, why, why doesn't every men's tri suit manufacturer not follow DeSoto's lead and use their own version of DeSoto's FliSuit feature?

FliSuit?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Here is the new Kiwami Spider 2

https://www.kiwamitri.com/spider-2-ld-aero-p/spid2lda.htm

Nice! Any idea if DesertDude had a hand in this effort?

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

FliSuit?

https://www.desotosport.com/...orza-flisuit-sleeved

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The FliSuit really is genius. I love mine. Just got my new Forza FliSuit in Graphite Sparkle. Looks great. Fits great. Comfortable.

I've sworn by their Forza shorts in the past. You can't feel the chamois when running, and it has enough padding for me up through 70.3 distance. (For IM, I can spare an extra 15 seconds to switch from proper cycling shorts to dry running shorts).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I completely agree...I even inquired with one custom manufacturer about adding a similar feature to a custom made suit....and they were like wow, that’s a great idea and maybe we will look into that but it never came to fruition.

I think De Sotos biggest strength May be taking seemingly simple, practical ideas and using them in their products.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A solution to a problem that does not exist. Ever see a top pro or any good amateur stop to pee? A feature waiting to go wrong IMO, but I'm biased.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t follow pros around all day but yes, I’m quite confident they have stopped to pee before even if only in a training session.

De Soto have the same product in tri bibs. You’ve never had to do the awkward bib pull down on a training ride??

Yes, you are biased. I don’t even have this suit but this feature is genius and very practical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait until you come flopping out.... ;-)

As the great team director has said many times, we pee on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s designed to avoid that; peeing on the bike indoors really is next level. Good for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
It’s designed to avoid that; peeing on the bike indoors really is next level. Good for you!

LOL! Do you use your race wheels indoor too and aero helmet? Get real and think before you type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I wear bike or tri clothes indoors. That includes bibs sometimes. But I often have to pee during longer rides indoors. I’m not a pro so I use a toilet. If I had the de Soto bib with Fli, life would be a litte easier. It’s a neat idea that I don’t think any other companies use.

I know you are compensated to be a Kiwami Mafia member but sometimes other companies do things well too. It ok to acknowledge that or at least not attack them. I like Kiwami. And De Soto. And some other brands. They all have pros and cons and a place in the marketplace .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both but have to say the Kiwami spider pulls down so easy there is no need for the fly. I have my Desoto slowtwitch suit with the fly and it’s a great suit but the fly is a little hard (hehe) to use when you’re unfolding the wang...plus the angle always leaves a few ounces in the chute which tends to release once the turtle goes back into the shell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine today (Kiwami racing team) and raced last year in the spider sleeved and sleeveless. This new S2 feels amazing. The storage area in the rear is perfect for food on the bike (sadly missing on S1) and the air mesh top has zero wrinkles in the shoulders. I was doing arm circles to feel the restriction in the sleeves for the swim and felt no restriction at all. Plus, I could feel the air moving through the mesh...hope this will mean a cool bike, and even better, cool run in the warmer races.

And black/ white silver looks fricking sweet.

Well done Kiwami
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I found the Kiwami to be really hot too. The fabric seemed "heavy" and not as breathable as offerings from other companies.

The "coolest" suit I ever used was the PI Octane. It was like a second skin. Too bad the suit itself is a piece of shit.

Second would be the Fusion suits, then DeSoto, then Garneau, then Kiwami. In my experience.

I use DeSoto mostly because it has better features and quality than other suits, IMO.

Same here, I have experience on three suits, I like Castelli All Out the best, HUUB Dave Scott also very good but chamois rotated too forward to my taste.

As for Kiwami spider, honestly speaking quite terrible, thick fabric and not fit very well. I cannot believe that no one bothered by the long and thick drawstring cord which has to be tighted up otherwise slip down, I am not sure if any other brand using it in a suit ... ... And you never get chance to know this before purchase since no photo disclose this at all.
Last edited by: sleep: Mar 1, 19 21:45
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [sleep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drawstring? I have the spider sleeveless and sleeved. There is no drawstring, nor is the material thick, and it fits really well. Are you sure you're not confusing models or brands?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I wear bike or tri clothes indoors. That includes bibs sometimes. But I often have to pee during longer rides indoors. I’m not a pro so I use a toilet. If I had the de Soto bib with Fli, life would be a litte easier. It’s a neat idea that I don’t think any other companies use.

I know you are compensated to be a Kiwami Mafia member but sometimes other companies do things well too. It ok to acknowledge that or at least not attack them. I like Kiwami. And De Soto. And some other brands. They all have pros and cons and a place in the marketplace .

Thats really a amazing innovation DeSoto has on this one!!!! I love it.

My short list this year would be: Kiwami, De Soto, Lg

Now if I could only find some time to go test.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does the Kiwami model have tribal tattoos on his forearm and calf? It seems being tatted is a prerequisite for selling any piece of tri gear these days. I feel like I need to get some ink done this offseason just to be a part of this sport. Nothing against tats, but is the sport really trending this way? I’m surprised the model doesn’t have an enormous hipster beard to match the multiple tattoos.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be racing for Kiwami this year too and I just got my Spider 2. I'm 5'11" and 155-158 and M fits perfectly. Yes, there's a drawstring but it's really unnecessary if your fit is good and if you untie the knot/loop it will just go inside the waist seam and you can forget about it - which is probably why you don't even know it exists :) It's not like your shorts are going to fall off or anything and if that's an issue for someone they are probably wearing the wrong size.

The black panels are more water repellent and could appear to be thick but the rest of the material is extremely light and breathable and I really don't think it's going to be an issue in the heat. I'm in South Florida and I've raced in insane temperatures plenty of times and this looks like it's a non issue in the current design.
The full zip and two piece design is awesome... I probably lost at least 3 minutes at IMAZ and almost cramped up trying to pull my top and sleeves back while running after port-a-potty breaks. I was peeing constantly during that race for some reason :) This feature is a must have for any long distance suit.

BigBoyND wrote:
Drawstring? I have the spider sleeveless and sleeved. There is no drawstring, nor is the material thick, and it fits really well. Are you sure you're not confusing models or brands?

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be in the market for a new tri suit soon, and I’m looking at the Huub Anemoi. Huub are claiming an average 15w saving over their own DS Long Course suit, over a number of different body types and at realistic speeds. Assuming the DS suit wasn’t extremely slow (and is likely no worse than what I have now - a 2 peice Scody outfit), I almost don’t know why anyone who can’t get in to do their own testing wouldn’t get one? An extra 15w sounds good to me!

I realise that different suits test faster on different people, but if getting testing done isn’t an option, assuming that their claims are accurate it seems hard for me to consider anything else, or are some of the other suits in this thread just as fast across a number of different shapes and speeds?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All suits using "boundary layer management" claims the same gains :

BioRacer
Castelli PR
Endura D2Z
Huub Anemoi

Then the question is : when will we have a real test (equivalent t "peak aero...") showing resulting CdA at different speed (because drag crisis above 40km/h is of little interest for me).
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
All suits using "boundary layer management" claims the same gains :

BioRacer
Castelli PR
Endura D2Z
Huub Anemoi

Then the question is : when will we have a real test (equivalent t "peak aero...") showing resulting CdA at different speed (because drag crisis above 40km/h is of little interest for me).

I’ve seen some recent posts from Aerocoach regarding fabric testing with NoPinz atdifferent speeds.Maybe they’ll test their products against the competition later.

https://www.facebook.com/...22%3A%22R%2312%22%7D

https://www.instagram.com/...achuk/p/BrGWO-ul1zU/
Quote Reply

Prev Next