Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
http://www.tririg.com/...versal_Cover_Preview

The new cover is designed to work on any bike with standard interfaces and standard head tubes up front, like this Orbea Ordu OMP. We don't yet have a compatibility list, but things like the Cervelo P-Series, Felt B-Series, and similar bikes should all work well. For now, enjoy the pre-production shots here. No ETA yet for this product, but we will have more info as soon as it is available!

Do you think it will work with the fork of Cervelo P5-Six? Its shape is relatively different from Orbea or P3/P2 ones.
Last edited by: Bartek_Zet: Nov 5, 18 6:08
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [Bartek_Zet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’ll certainly fit. Whether the final result looks as slick, I couldn’t say without testing.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been a while since there has been movement in this thread... Any updates on when teh universal brake cover will be available? Thank you!

Chi
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No updates at present. Don't worry, we will try to make a big stink out of it when it's ready, so you won't miss out :-) Lots of people are waiting on these, and we are trying hard to complete production.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So its in the "production" phase now huh? =) JK. Looking forward to when the product is announced!

Chi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will it fit perfectly on Cervelo P5 six? The fork has a specific design.

The Magura stopped to produce the P5 brake system and will not have spare parts shortly. I think that a lot of Cervelo P5 owner would like to change the Magura RT8 system to Omega X in case ithe brake cover fits perfectly with the P5 fork and 3T aduro aero bar.

I see an opportunity to the Tririg and to the Cervelo P5 owners to replace the Magura system.

Take a look in this homemade Omega X brake cover for P5.

Last edited by: wpfigueiredo: Mar 3, 19 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [wpfigueiredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did something similar this weekend. I glued the two halves together, covered the branding and holes with vinyl wrap, glued the whole tririg cover inside it, and then trimmed a little here and there for clearance:

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I designed and 3D printed one. There’s a pic on here somewhere - P5 thread maybe.

I have a single piece from bottom of stem down to fork.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
I designed and 3D printed one. There’s a pic on here somewhere - P5 thread maybe.

Let's see it!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 why are pictures so hard to upload? I was incompetent from my phone and computer. I'll spend more time trying later.
Last edited by: Jnags7: Mar 4, 19 4:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're not. Just upload to imgur and copy paste the link in ST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know what that is. Guess same thing as Google here? Does this link work?

https://drive.google.com/...-a/view?usp=drivesdk

I made the bento box as well as painted the frame. And modified the rear holder (if you guys have that from Dash you know how crazy long it is. I shortened it). I covered the cable holes since running Etap and drilled a better location for the brake cable exiting bottom of the frame - just a few mm towards front wheel.

Tririg alpha x bars with 51 speedshop cups and extensions. Made headset bearing cap out of carbon too - that was because what Tririg sends is wider than the bearing by a good amount and it was interfering with my bento.

Making my second edition of my cycling shoes now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow that looks slick. Nice work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I love this community and watching others succeed. From my side tinkering to seeing enterprises forming like Ed’s shoes and Yan’s well executed 3D printing solutions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance that’s a 56cm frame and you’d be able to print out another brake cover, or put it on shapeways? I’m still running the Magura brakes but wouldn’t mind converting to cable actuated brakes.

Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I made a 61. That is a 54. The backside is specific to the omega x and attached w the magnets.

I haven’t posted any parts to shapeways. I should look into it. Is it just uploading the file?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any news?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ivantriker wrote:
any news?

An update would be awesome actually!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
Ok, we are far enough along to provide some more info. We are onto production of the cover. Packaging has been finalized. All Omni customers are going to get theirs first, precut and pre-assembled to their bike size. Once we have the first production samples, we need to do photography, copy, and installation documentation. Then they will open up for sale to the public.

There is no fixed timeline right now, which is why I consistently say "no ETA" when asked when it's coming out. But we are still working to get it finished. It's just been a very slow and very expensive project (nearly as much in tooling cost as a frame!!!) - so yes, it's coming. Just, I don't know exactly when.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
playero wrote:

Ok, we are far enough along to provide some more info. We are onto production of the cover. Packaging has been finalized. All Omni customers are going to get theirs first, precut and pre-assembled to their bike size. Once we have the first production samples, we need to do photography, copy, and installation documentation. Then they will open up for sale to the public.

There is no fixed timeline right now, which is why I consistently say "no ETA" when asked when it's coming out. But we are still working to get it finished. It's just been a very slow and very expensive project (nearly as much in tooling cost as a frame!!!) - so yes, it's coming. Just, I don't know exactly when.

Thanks!
waiting for it to buy the alpha one and sigma stem. The next improvement to my Cannondale Slice.

Best regards
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the sake of clarity, you wouldn’t need Alpha One AND Sigma X. Alpha One already has an integrated stem.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Why wait for the Tririg and a price tag that will likely be north of $300 when you get the Ventum model for a tenth of the price?

https://shop.ventumracing.com/...ne-front-brake-cover
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how does the Ventum one attach to any other bike?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
price tag that will likely be north of $300
That is false.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next