Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Tohan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good!!
I did not get an email (yet). I hope they haven't forgotten me.
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Mar 15, 19 4:15
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
I have kind of the same setup instead I used another b-junction and short wires in place of the y-splitter. But as long as everything is plugged in, your solution should work.

The bar end A-junction is great for trimming the RD and for charging

How did you secure the RS910 in the end of the bar? Some bar tape & just wedging it in?

I've got a little further with my install, by removing the tab from a JC40:

& sanding it down

I can now easily pop it in the front:

or rear of the cavity:

I'm likely going to go with the rear + a y-split 130, just need to figure out how to secure the bar end junction box.

Cheers,
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Into my bar end? Just stuck it in; it’s a little loose but not so bad if you don’t pick at it. A couple wraps of electrical tape would likely do the trick.

I see you’re using the old school b-junction. The newer ones are much smaller and can be hidden within your extensions. Not sure of your budget but keep that in mind

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Into my bar end? Just stuck it in; it’s a little loose but not so bad if you don’t pick at it. A couple wraps of electrical tape would likely do the trick.

I see you’re using the old school b-junction. The newer ones are much smaller and can be hidden within your extensions. Not sure of your budget but keep that in mind

Magic, thankyou.

Yeah I got an internal JC41 to play with too, whist I could get it in the cavity it’s a little more awkward than having all 4 ports facing the same way. Could stick it in an extension, but then i’d need to run 3 cables up the back of the monopole.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
SteveM wrote:
JASpencer wrote:
Sorry if it’s already been covered but how much flex between the basebar and monopost is deemed “acceptable”? If I shift weight there’s a small, but very noticeable movement from side to side...makes me pretty uncomfortable to be honest.

I've noticed this a lot on the trainer. I don't mind it flexing a bit but I'll admit to being a bit nervous of what'll happen outside if I hit something with the front wheel.

I don't really want to test it but it bends enough for me to *think* I could snap it. I'm likely wrong, it's probably far too strong for me to snap, but I'd love to see a body weight dropped on one cup to indicate it's unlikely to give out.
Please shoot us an email to support@tririg.com with video of what’s going on and we will be happy to help.

I did attempt to make a video but it wasn’t particularly good (needed more hands).

Either way I found out a couple of things. *most* of the flex is actually the cups, at the far end they’ll flex by just under a centimeter with a reasonable squeeze. Honestly I’m less concerned with the flex knowing it’s coming from the cups rather than from the pole.

A few days later I noticed that the pole had dropped ~0.5 cm over 3 weeks. I’ve moved it back up & tourqued it to spec & it feels a little more stable. Given the monopost touque spec is different to the other bolts it’s possible that it was installed a little loose. I assume the pole isn’t supposed to slip after 3 weeks of trainer rides?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Installed properly, the Monopost should never slip, no. Always happy to help you troubleshoot if you want to send us an email. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for updating us on your install. Looks clean, much better than squishing the 5 port junction into the cavity.

Can you spec the comments for me? I’m having a bit of trouble piecing it together.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
TriRig wrote:
SteveM wrote:
JASpencer wrote:
Sorry if it’s already been covered but how much flex between the basebar and monopost is deemed “acceptable”? If I shift weight there’s a small, but very noticeable movement from side to side...makes me pretty uncomfortable to be honest.

I've noticed this a lot on the trainer. I don't mind it flexing a bit but I'll admit to being a bit nervous of what'll happen outside if I hit something with the front wheel.

I don't really want to test it but it bends enough for me to *think* I could snap it. I'm likely wrong, it's probably far too strong for me to snap, but I'd love to see a body weight dropped on one cup to indicate it's unlikely to give out.
Please shoot us an email to support@tririg.com with video of what’s going on and we will be happy to help.

I did attempt to make a video but it wasn’t particularly good (needed more hands).

Either way I found out a couple of things. *most* of the flex is actually the cups, at the far end they’ll flex by just under a centimeter with a reasonable squeeze. Honestly I’m less concerned with the flex knowing it’s coming from the cups rather than from the pole.

A few days later I noticed that the pole had dropped ~0.5 cm over 3 weeks. I’ve moved it back up & tourqued it to spec & it feels a little more stable. Given the monopost touque spec is different to the other bolts it’s possible that it was installed a little loose. I assume the pole isn’t supposed to slip after 3 weeks of trainer rides?

I had an identical experience.
Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Mar 17, 19 20:21
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Nick,

I'm about to upgrade my Dimond to di2 and am contemplating upgrading from alpha x to alpha one when I do (mainly for when/if I go back to ERO or a wind tunnel).

A couple of questions. Is there a hiding place for the a junction in alpha one like on the alpha x? I see that there's a square looking space, but it looks like that may interfere with the front brake cable? I run the bare cable now.

Also, I run the back to back bottle cages on the alpha x. Your website says that if you want to do this on alpha one you can just bolt the cages on an go, but it looks like the front cage would be so far forward that the extensions wouldn't allow a forward facing bottle. Do you have any photos of what this looks like on alpha one? Also, if there's not enough room, can you face the dragonfly backwards to move the cages back? Or would that make it impossible to find extensions long enough?

Thanks,
Sean

Concerning back to back:
I considered the Alpha One also because it looks nicer and is maybe more aero than my current selfmade setup:

However, the bottles are indeed too much forward if you use the existing holes in the Alpha One. I would have to use my aluminium self made bar again and mount this instead of the fork-cap of the Alpha One at the back side and on the existing threads on the front side. The whole nice look of the Alpha One would be disturbed.

I have furthermore a Campagnolo junction box (now clamped to the left of the stem) which I do not want to hide because it has an LED which shows the battery charge.

If there would be a workable stock possibility for two inline BTAs (you would need a threadhole at the position of the tilt-clamp) I could consider the Alpha One-> especially when it would come with the Universal Cover. But not for now.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the wolf tooth component b-rad (3 version). It works perfectly on alpha one from what I understand.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Get the wolf tooth component b-rad (3 version). It works perfectly on alpha one from what I understand.

Yeah, that got my bottle mounted.

Only caveat is where I've got it mounted means I can't tilt the bar.

Last edited by: SteveM: Mar 18, 19 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
Sean H wrote:

We went through the same thing with Matt Russell, who wants to do the same thing (he already has the B-Rad). If you put some spacers between the B-Rad and the Dragonfly, you can get enough clearance to avoid the tilt hardware.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
SteveM wrote:
Sean H wrote:

We went through the same thing with Matt Russell, who wants to do the same thing (he already has the B-Rad). If you put some spacers between the B-Rad and the Dragonfly, you can get enough clearance to avoid the tilt hardware.

Yeah, I'm not currently tilting mine but I did realize that raising the brad 3 or using a brad-2 (with the bottle slightly further forward) could work:

nb. It's a little hard to see the tilt screws above as I covered them with electrical tape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Yes, I’d prefer a more refined solution.

Walk me thorough your plan for the bar end Di2 box? I didn’t realize that was a different junction box when responding to MTM above.

Scott

I believe the new 2-port box can be squeezed in the end of an aero bar. There's a couple of holes in the bottom of the aero bar so I can take a wire through there & back to the headset cavity.

That moves the di2 button & charging port to a far more accessible location but there's still 5 wires to connect.

A 4 way box + a y splitting cable should get it all connected & fit in the cavity with a lot more space. I just need to double check the dimensions of the 4 way box (& the cavity) before buying parts.

How are you planning to route the cable connecting the second extension shifter to the RS910 bar end junction in the primary extension?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not entirely sure yet, depends on where the splitter ends up (I'd prefer to put it in the cavity rather than the extension)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
How are you planning to route the cable connecting the second extension shifter to the RS910 bar end junction in the primary extension?

I'm not 100% done, but it's coming together nicely.

The smallest y-split cable (EW-JC130-SS) will connect to both brakes & leave the little 50mm cable in the cavity:

I'd suggest routing the smaller wire first as you'll need to push the splitting part down the basebar a little to get the connector out the end. nb. I also needed to pull the brake cables back (past the curve in the bar) to get the di2 down there.

With that done I could install my reduced SM-JC40 & hook up all the cables:

Side view:

At the moment the bar end box (EW-RS910) is in a bento & connects the JC-40 & the rear end cable.

Final step (next week) I'll pop the RS910 in the back of one of the aero-bars & finalize the routing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chapeau! Much cleaner.

Thanks for the explanation and pics. I’m ordering the parts so I can follow your lead.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you drill a hole on the dragon fly?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [FernandoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FernandoD wrote:
Did you drill a hole on the dragon fly?

No, the dragonfly holes go all the way through. No modifications were needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the final part done, putting the 2-port into the extension.

It needed two wraps of black tape around the junction box to secure it inside & you'll need to install the extension before the junction box (can't wedge the di2 cable through the holder). ie:

Once the box was wedge into the extension I wrapped some more black tape around the outside & voila:

Install complete.

The only thing that now interferes with tightening the top cap is the rear brake cable. However with this setup I can be sure that I'm tightening the cap against the stem rather than against the old 5-port junction box. Plus I can get to the charging port & button for trimming nice & easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great work! Thanks for sharing your install.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done. I shared your work with my LBS, asked them to order the parts and replicate the setup.

I’m impressed by your meticulous approach; taking your time with each step to get the job done right. Thanks for sharing the results with us.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine's in progress modeled after the Shiv etap a few pages back. Pictures
Decided to put another Omega X on the rear and ordered a few more things so maybe next weekend it will be ready.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Mine's in progress modeled after the Shiv etap a few pages back.
Pictures
Decided to put another Omega X on the rear and ordered a few more things so maybe next weekend it will be ready.

That's pretty much how the LBS installed the 5-port di2 junction, before heading down the path of the 2-port install I was going to replace the zip ties with this:

https://www.shapeways.com/...ip?optionId=55952960
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Installed properly, the Monopost should never slip, no. Always happy to help you troubleshoot if you want to send us an email. Thanks!

Just as a note, since I've tightened the Monopost up to spec it's not budged at all & it does feel a lot more secure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next