Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mphasis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me or head back to the shop. We don't typically handle 3T warranty but we will make sure this is taken care of quickly.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David, Thanks very much for the PM. It was very helpful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,

Thanks for taking time for reply.

My point is, you cannot buy UCI version with Aduro bars optional or otherwise.
Where all marketing materials for P5, white papers, magazine articles , you name it ( including UCI version) are shown/benchmarked/profiled with Aduro.

Sounds like marketing game or just plain shortage of Aduro bars.

I understand pricing concern if you only have one UCI model to sell, but there is frameset and complete bike on your site.
Why don't have entry level UCI as you have and let people buy a "module" with Bars, Brakes and whatever is specific to P5 ?
All other "Super bikes" manufactures are doing it for last couple years, right?
Now that you have bars designed for P5 not selling the integrated package is shortsighted IMHO

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dessa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dessa wrote:
Where all marketing materials for P5, white papers, magazine articles , you name it ( including UCI version) are shown/benchmarked/profiled with Aduro.

You will be able to buy that bar. As far as a shortage; well, it is brand new and there have only been so many made so far, just like the P5 frames. They are making more and they will be for sale. I just can't speak for 3T on when they will be available or the final price.

And yes; we will always use the same parts when comparing in the wind tunnel. We like to use the fastest stuff to give every frame the chance to show its aero potential.

dessa wrote:
Now that you have bars designed for P5 not selling the integrated package is shortsighted IMHO

I'll be sure to share your feedback with product management. Maybe we will have the integrated package in the future but it would cost you more than simply buying a P5 Six to begin with. It would make more sense to buy the P5 Six and an extra UCI legal Three series fork. So, if you wanted to crush your local UCI TT one weekend, you would just swap a fork and pop off the beard and brake cover. Well, that, and slide your saddle back, your aero bar extensions in and take off the extra bottle cages/bento boxes/etc.....

I'm not sure where you heard that you will not be able buy the 3T Aduro bar for your P5 Three series. You can put anything you want on your P5; it will work with pretty much every bar out there. We just didn't add the bar to the Three series frame set because we wanted to leave the most amount of choice possible for the customer.

Heck, you can purchase a P5 Three frame set, Di2 9070 and the 3T Audro and have your a sweet UCI legal rig. However, for the Aduro bars and Di2 stuff, you might have to be patient. For that matter, you might waiting a bit for the frame set too as there is a huge demand for them.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I want to have my cables hidden, it looks like I'll be owning 2 sets of aero bars. Wish I had a choice to order a UCI bike with Aduro's. Guess I'll have to go through the hassle of selling it. I would have paid extra for the Aduro's so I don't need to in the end spend more money on parts I didn't want or need in the first place.
Last edited by: ngl1145: Aug 2, 12 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
dessa wrote:

You will be able to buy that bar. As far as a shortage; well, it is brand new and there have only been so many made so far, just like the P5 frames. They are making more and they will be for sale. I just can't speak for 3T on when they will be available or the final price.

And yes; we will always use the same parts when comparing in the wind tunnel. We like to use the fastest stuff to give every frame the chance to show its aero potential.

dessa wrote:

I'll be sure to share your feedback with product management. Maybe we will have the integrated package in the future but it would cost you more than simply buying a P5 Six to begin with. It would make more sense to buy the P5 Six and an extra UCI legal Three series fork. So, if you wanted to crush your local UCI TT one weekend, you would just swap a fork and pop off the beard and brake cover. Well, that, and slide your saddle back, your aero bar extensions in and take off the extra bottle cages/bento boxes/etc.....

I'm not sure where you heard that you will not be able buy the 3T Aduro bar for your P5 Three series. You can put anything you want on your P5; it will work with pretty much every bar out there. We just didn't add the bar to the Three series frame set because we wanted to leave the most amount of choice possible for the customer.

Heck, you can purchase a P5 Three frame set, Di2 9070 and the 3T Audro and have your a sweet UCI legal rig. However, for the Aduro bars and Di2 stuff, you might have to be patient. For that matter, you might waiting a bit for the frame set too as there is a huge demand for them.

:-) $300 bars on $6000 bike? LOL, I still don't see the point, and stick to "shortage" theory.
As for P5 frame option, I beleive it is without sweet breaks... so not a choice either.
Installing Brezza II on my P5 meanwhile... How to hide cables?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
this is a good place for you:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ch_here._P1566945-28

Not really... It's discussing the P5 and their approach towards marketing a bike. If they are listening, it may help them keep happy customers in the future. We don't all have extra money laying around to buy multiple of the same type options. I think both David and Damon have a great job with their input on this topic. If they can pass opinions of the customers on to their management, it may make a smoother process for future bikes/releases.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok....
So i have been riding my new p5 for a month now and have been loving it. The ride is great and it has lived to to all my expectations.

Question:
Hydration:
Is carrying a round water bottle on the down tube going to be defeating the purpose of have such an aero bike? Should I use an Arundel Chrono instead?
I am also planning on using a Torhans aero 20 between the bars. Is this a slower or faster setup than the torpedo mounted bottle which I can use but am not a fan of.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torpedo mounted is faster I believe. Also, should be using an aero bottle on the downtube
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
this is a good place for you:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ch_here._P1566945-28

That's a bit harsh. I think it's reasonable to grumble mildly that the white paper reports data on a bicycle that literally cannot be purchased.

End of the world? No. Worthy of a constructive complaint? Sure.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All. Been lurking on the forums for some time now and finally joined up to try and get a couple questions answered. I've been talking to a shop about getting a P5 - Six frameset. I'm looking at either a 58cm or 61cm frame. They don't have any definite delivery time frame yet, but are saying sometime this fall. That's what I expected and figure that may even be a little optimistic since I would most likely well down the wait list. What I wasn't expecting was them telling me that there has been a $500 price hike. Has anyone else come across this? If it's actually something that has come down from Cervelo that's one thing, but if the shop is just trying to take the piss then that's another.

The other question has to do with fit. I had my first tri fit done on a fit bike a couple weeks ago. Pad Stack and Reach are 695 and 505. Using the Cervelo fit guide this puts me at the bottom end of the High V or top end of the Low on a 61 or in the middle of the high V on a 58. There's no problem if I don't adjust my fit, but if I want to go 5mm lower then I'll be riding with a load of spacers on the Low bar. While in theory there is no aero penalty it might not be as aesthetically pleasing. If I set up for the lowest setting of the High V then I believe the stem will have to be cut so that if I switched to the Low bar I'd have to drop 5cm or buy a new fork, is that right? Of course the other option is to get a 58 with a few cm of spacers on the High V, which would allow me to drop down incrementally if I want to, but wouldn't let me move up if that were to happen for some reason. Can anyone think of any advantages or disadvantages to going with either of these options? I can post a pic from the fit bike or provide any other info if that would help.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triracerboy wrote:
Ok....
I am also planning on using a Torhans aero 20 between the bars. Is this a slower or faster setup than the torpedo mounted bottle which I can use but am not a fan of.

Cervelo tests claim that a torpedo mounted would be fastest
Torhans claims their setup is fast than torpedo. They have their aero test results on their website.

I suspect it's pretty close

Torhans is nice because the straw is just there to sip rather than remove bottle, put back. I drink frequently so prefer this.
But you will read different feedback on splashing and straw coming lose which can be fixed with silicone. I use a Torhans and have suffered both problems but it's tolerable.

I use both. Torhans on HIM and Torpedo on Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got this built up yesterday with the new Sram Red. I am using the Zipp R2C shifters which shift perfectly with the new Red even though Sram and Zipp will tell you they dont. I have been on DA since I started biking and after riding the new Red, I would never go back to the DA mechanical....11 speed Di2 is a different story. My similar equipped P4 with DA7900 weighs a good 1.5 pounds less than this P5.

Road it for the first time this morning at a race. Overall I am impressed with the 3. The Magura brakes are awesome. It is extremely easy to widen the brakes with an allen wrench inside the brake lever. The Xlab Delta and Stealth Pocket 200 work very nicely with this bike. I am anxious to ride my 6 now which will be arriving in a few weeks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea what would cause such a huge weight difference? That's a lot of weight and on top of that, 7900 is heavier than Red 2012, surely the frame/fork/brakes aren't 2 lb heavier?!?

Nevertheless, that setup looks crazy aero. Sick front end, so beautiful
Last edited by: justkeepedaling: Aug 4, 12 12:24
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smcmullin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smcmullin wrote:
The other question has to do with fit. I had my first tri fit done on a fit bike a couple weeks ago. Pad Stack and Reach are 695 and 505. Using the Cervelo fit guide this puts me at the bottom end of the High V or top end of the Low on a 61 or in the middle of the high V on a 58. There's no problem if I don't adjust my fit, but if I want to go 5mm lower then I'll be riding with a load of spacers on the Low bar. While in theory there is no aero penalty it might not be as aesthetically pleasing. If I set up for the lowest setting of the High V then I believe the stem will have to be cut so that if I switched to the Low bar I'd have to drop 5cm or buy a new fork, is that right? Of course the other option is to get a 58 with a few cm of spacers on the High V, which would allow me to drop down incrementally if I want to, but wouldn't let me move up if that were to happen for some reason. Can anyone think of any advantages or disadvantages to going with either of these options? I can post a pic from the fit bike or provide any other info if that would help.

I've only just looked at the tables as well, and don't have a P5 as of yet. Here's holding out that one shows up before the last races of the season! Great looking bike and our local shop has had several of the 'three' bikes in. I'm hoping Damon will chime in.

If I were in your situation...and based on my measurements I am smack dab in the middle of a 51 low and on the 'short' end of a 54 low...I would go with the 58 High V. You still have a lot of room to go lower AND still keep your reach or even change it either or longer or shorter. If you go with the 61 Low, the more you drop the bars the closer you get to the short end of the reach so that you can really only increase the reach as opposed to decrease it. So, if you really want to get 2cm or so lower, I think that the 58 gives you more reach adjustment with respect to the pad location.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet bike. Nice hood too.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brandon,

I agree with your assessment of sizing. Most "first tri fits" are understandably high on the stack so most athletes end up going lower. The 58 gives lots of room for that.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smcmullin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the other with regards to choosing the smaller size. However, if I were you and not really dialed in on your fit, I would consider putting on a standard and decently adjustable bar and ride with that, at least to start with. You should then be able to quite easily adjust your fit by changing stem and/or adjusting the bar without re-cabling, cutting steerer tube, not being able to 'go back' etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

A question about the Aduro bars. I remember you said it was made for 22.2mm extensions, but do you know if 22.0mm will work? Either directly or perhaps with a bit of tape or the like to thicken them a bit? I would like to use HED's Lazy S extenions, which I think is 22.0mm, but I haven't found similar extensions in 22.2mm - Zipp's new Vuka Race extensions don't seem to have quite as much rise.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM,

The Aduro is designed for 22.2 only. Even some of those, on the small side of the various companies' tolerances, can slip or require carbon assembly paste on the extension, grease on the collet and high torque on the nut. All of which the Aduro bar is okay with, by the way.

So if you want to try some 22.0 extensions, plan on some kind of precise shim. Brass sheet stock...?

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, Damon.

I'll look into the shimming thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any "aero" aftermarket stem that could hide cables and work with p5?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano Pro Missile?
Quote Reply

Prev Next