Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [str8dum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's not the only one.......... 6ft 3' and 90kg with sub 10 bodyfat makes me look a lost gorilla....
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are the handlebars that close for comfort?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is how he is holding his hands- together. [/url]

[/url]
What's old is new again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what does Bjorn think now that he has had a chance to test ride? It sounds like his position has changed and if so, how does he find the new position? Finally, FWIW - I hope he sticks with the IM distance as it would be noce to see him take a shot at Normann's KONA bike course record someday :)...

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's not the only one.......... 6ft 3' and 90kg with sub 10 bodyfat makes me look a lost gorilla....

==========================================================================
With your sense of direction, that's quite apt! ;-) LOL!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look asymmetric to me . The left extension looks virtually straight compared to the curvy right.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He likes the new setup and position, he is a little more stretched out and still low but the watts are still there. Now its training time. First, the Tour of Belize, then Ironman South Africa. We will see what happens after IMSA.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Bjorn had officially retired from IM racing, or was that a Stones retirement?

Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Lookout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, to decrease his frontal profile.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
They look asymmetric to me . The left extension looks virtually straight compared to the curvy right.
I was referring to the old Scott one-piece aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much of that saddle did he need to cut to get5cm behind the BB? I know with my p3 and a SLR saddle I woulda had to almost cut it in half (at least 3 inches) with the 78 degree angle? And even then, he is still 75cm center BB to tip of extensions? Looks longer than that. Not that tris are UCI restricted.....
Last edited by: str8dum: Jan 17, 07 13:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They both are slightly curved, what you are seeing may be an illusion from the camera angle.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use those on my downhill MTB circa 1990. I had some crazy ideas back then.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is he racing for a pro team in Belize?

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I thought Bjorn had officially retired from IM racing, or was that a Stones retirement?

Kind of but I got an oppurtunity to train in South Africa with the Swedish tri fed that I couldn't pass up and that means also doing the race. There are some new things I'd like to try as well but if it doesn't work out then that's it with Ironman.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll like the bike course at IMSA. It's tailor made for you........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
how much of that saddle did he need to cut to get5cm behind the BB? I know with my p3 and a SLR saddle I woulda had to almost cut it in half (at least 3 inches) with the 78 degree angle? And even then, he is still 75cm center BB to tip of extensions? Looks longer than that. Not that tris are UCI restricted.....

No but I race cycling nats every year and then the UCI rules apply. I actually like the cut-off saddle so after trying it I decided to keep it for tris as well.

Last edited by: bjorn: Jan 17, 07 13:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to hear that Bjorn. As Bryce said the bike course would suit you and although the run course is a lot flatter than the Sherborne 1/2 course it one where you could keep an eye on the other guys too. Give them hell, doode!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
he is still 75cm center BB to tip of extensions? Looks longer than that. Not that tris are UCI restricted.....

The UCI allows you to bump that to 85 cm for "anatomical reasons", but only if your elbow angle remains less than (IIRC) 110 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jeez its hard to believe that Bjorn is an elite runner. He definately not the cut defined elite tri physique.

That's probably why I'm not a great runner then.. I'm about 6-7kg above racing weight in those pics as well but yeah I have heavy build.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.uci.ch/...0equipmt%20gen-e.pdf

Err .. make that 80cm and 120 degrees.

Rule 1.3.023 pg. 5 of the PDF.

-30C windchill here this evening so I'm a little bored :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you eventually decide to stick with the IM distance and are able to work things out.

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without seeming controversial, the rotor and q rings appear to have gone..............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 56cm eh Bjorn. How tall are you. I've always felt my 51cm may be a little small.

In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Jeez its hard to believe that Bjorn is an elite runner. He definately not the cut defined elite tri physique.

That's probably why I'm not a great runner then.. I'm about 6-7kg above racing weight in those pics as well but yeah I have heavy build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck this year on the Bjorn pjorn. I would love to see a pic of your road setup...any chance of that?
Quote Reply

Prev Next