Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the preference of the Hed 3 over a Stinger 90 a result of the wind tunnel tests? I guess Bjorn's Choice of the stingers in the his relay adventure was just a course specific change.

I think Obree has been using the hands together approach in his TT's lately and he seems to have a nack of using positions that end up being very effective - I would quite like to see Bjorn try the his tuck position or the superman one ;-) .

I currently use the shallow extensions going straight out but I am tempted to try some deep extensions tilted in to bring the hands together but retain the same rise as the shallow extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [R&A Cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that it's a custom stem. I have my adjustable in a similar position on My Softie (so no I'm not in the same position--my head tube is WAY taller than his and my legs WAY SHORTER) but would like to find a similar stem without spending a lot of $$$$$$.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the scott 100K right? i don't think to many people remeber them, but i do. i think Kick willet still uses them.
Dan...
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Obree was running just one aerobar!

Anyone know if the pics earlier were from last weekend?

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently have the Ritchey Pro Road adjustable stem and would still like to get lower. Bjorn was nice enough to tell me that previously he had used the ITM adjustable stem for 6 years. He had one break on him, hence the Hed custom stem. The Ritchey seems rock solid, but would like to try the ITM as it has a wider range of adjustment. Wonder if it's strong enough for mere mortals?

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think the 100K still had the hands apart. The Extreme had them together. Or maybe I've got that reversed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I did some searches and can't find any pics...

Any one out there have pics of the old Scott Extreme and 100K bars?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bjorn has in his arsenal of wheels the disk, trispoke pair, HED Stinger 90s and a few custom wheels and prototypes. Wheel selections will be made usually the AM of a race based on the weather and the course. The 90s and the trispokes behave differently in different conditions and courses. He will be road racing on Stinger 90s during the Tour of Belize and he will use 90s on certain courses and the disk tri, or disk 90 or trispoke pair on other courses and conditions.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get him any lower than he already is, he will be looking backwards while he is riding!

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second what Felipe said....

Also I went to your site Felipe and its like a Fucking Party in there..the lights went out in my room and strobe lights came on! Cool site design though.

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are those tires on the race wheels conti competitions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to admit, I just had a little dance party over at your site, too. Then I found myself at your gallery, and got distracted... that zoom function is awesome

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zach,

I will take that as a compliment! :-)

You coming to Gainesville to train in March? Would love to have some company!

Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha, thanks Jodi! I feel violated!
;-)

Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hed had to make that out of Kryptonite to keep him from breaking it. Of course, that would slow him down.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great site Felipe. Sandstorm is Sergio Jr's, favorite song. He says that just playing it in his head when TTing adds a couple of kph to his average speed ;).
Buena suerte!
Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sergio -

Thanks! I have seen the photos and updates on your kid and he seems to be on the correct route. Now tell him that if he is playing songs on his mind while TT'ing, he isn't going fast enough.

It is like Bjorn once said ( so I don't feel like I totally hijacked the guy's thread): " If you feel totally in control, you're not going fast enough."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure yet...either Clermont, New Mexico, or possibly Gainesville.

Although last time I was in Gainesville my training partner "MSTEIN" got a concussion when we had a big wreck on a training ride.......Christian was with us too.

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i think the 100K still had the hands apart. The Extreme had them together. Or maybe I've got that reversed...

I think Greg Welch won Hawaii in 1994 with a pair of those bars...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are getting there, but he still needs to turn his head to look back ;-)

This is one of my favorite photos of Bjorn, borrowed from Tim Moxey of digitaltriathlon.com:

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Last edited by: jasonogk: Jan 17, 07 20:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seat appears too high

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's official, just like we suspected. Bjorn has a birth defect that forces him to ride in the fetal position. He has trained for many years an no longer sucks his thumb. That is left to those in his wake when they foolishly try to hold his wheel.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sergio -

Thanks! I have seen the photos and updates on your kid and he seems to be on the correct route. Now tell him that if he is playing songs on his mind while TT'ing, he isn't going fast enough.

It is like Bjorn once said ( so I don't feel like I totally hijacked the guy's thread): " If you feel totally in control, you're not going fast enough."

Thanks for your kind words Felipe. I spoke with Sergio Jr. over the phone. I gave him the link to your site. He thinks that your site is awesome.

He agrees with you that he would not play any song on his head at a race, but also mentioned that he loves to play Sandstorm (your site's theme song) in his head on training rides, even when pedaling hard. Maybe that shows that he is still just a kid :).

When I translated Bjorn's quote: "If you feel totally in control, you're not going fast enough", he immediately asked if this is the reason why he lost control of his right eye three days ago when he rode his P2SL faster than ever in one of his favorite routes. It scared him but he did not even flinched on his pedaling. I was very worried when he told me after finishing the ride that he lost again -after a long time of this not happening- control of his right eye (exotropic strabism). I think I know now why that happened and it is not as bad as it seems. It does have to do with him using a new stem, similar to the one Bjorn is using (see photo below). He is faster (and a happy kid) now in his new position, but we will have to work on that strabism.

Mis mejores deseos,

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy, schnikes! That's alot of drop on the bars...has Cervelo thought about making a 5 mm headtube...:)

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But yet he's moved away from Rotors. Is that just a sponsor change thing or something more significant ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next